AFL Trade Radio

Thought we could keep all trade radio stuff here.

Blues want first rd picks for Henderson & Yarran
Yarran wants to be traded to Richmond - will be done late Yarran overseas at present) Tigers want to trade for 2nd round pick

Harley Bennell - right mix for the Dockers.

Mini Revue Essendon - by T Wallis (List Manager)
Lacking - Ruck & Run
spine not so bad
lost a few big bodied players this year - Myers, Hocking, Watson
Lack run and carry around footy.
Fresh start new coach
Fresh Air
need to get blokes in right age bracket. - post giles/cooney/mckernan/gwilt last year trades
Luenberger in running. Essendon in the lead, need worslfold meeting ASAP.

Notoriously difficult to deal with - Purple warrior.

• Sheedy overrated essendon players
  • last 2-3 years no one wanted to go there.
  • John Worsfold - fresh start at trade table, might get some deals done.

Puce with anger.

Hahaha. Magenta.

Leave Benfti alone now, clearly feeling blue.

Leave Benfti alone now, clearly feeling blue.
he's alright, just suffering from a bit of white line fever
Hamish Hartlett 6 year deal at Port

Does 6 years seem strange?
Not that it really matters these days. If the club want to trade him in 3 years time or he wants to leave it will happen.

my guess is that they back ended the deal to get it over the line hence the extra length. They have made some interesting list decisions of late Port, this could another potential disaster. I’d love us to to take lobbe off their hands for what we were paying ryder originally.

I still don’t understand why a relatively expensive ruck would be a trade priority this year.

Surely we can get a development/state league option or a cheapy for a late pick. No need to waste money there this season IMO.

We need goal kickers and midfielders way more.

Does 6 years seem strange?
Not that it really matters these days. If the club want to trade him in 3 years time or he wants to leave it will happen.

Hope the sticky tape keeping his hamstrings together has a 6 year guarantee.

TradeRadio. Just another platform for the usual idiots to divulge their idiocy. The contradictions in their "considered" positions are laughable.

Could not agree more. The idiots were saying earlier that if Freo want Bennell then the off field issue are not relevant because they want him. Ignoring the fact that maybe they want him because they know he’ll be cheap because of those issues and the fact that it’s scared others off.

TradeRadio. Just another platform for the usual idiots to divulge their idiocy. The contradictions in their “considered” positions are laughable.

Dons seek fair deal
Simon Conway October 6, 2015 4:28 PM

With its Senior Coach now in place, Essendon has signalled it may seek to have further dialogue with Jake Melksham and Jake Carlisle.

Both players have indicated their preference to continue their careers elsewhere next season.

And despite the appointment of premiership Coach John Worsfold, General Manager of Football Operations Rob Kerr said the Club faces a difficult task convincing the players to stay.

“I don’t think it’s irreconcilable but obviously in their own minds they’ve probably gone a fair way down the track to making a move… it can be hard to retrieve things from there,” he told SEN.

“I do think it’s worth us having another chat to those boys and with the senior coach in place now John can talk to them about his philosophies and how he would see those boys fitting in to what he wants to do with the group.”

If the players do leave, the Club is determined to secure fair compensation.

“We’ll certainly be fighting pretty hard to get the deals that we think are adequate,” Kerr said.

“I think the industry’s been pretty good in recent years in terms of recognising there should be a win-win for either party and we hope that trend continues in this case."

Melksham, 24, is a former top ten draft pick who played his 100th game with the Club this season.

“I thought he finished the year reasonably well,” Kerr said.

“Melbourne put an attractive offer in front of him.

“If you’re putting strong offers in front of players that probably gives a bit of a signal to the value."

Carlisle celebrated his 24th birthday last week and has shown an ability to play well in both defence and attack.

“Jake’s got a few clubs interested in him,” Kerr told RSN.

“I think everyone recognises big tall, key position players are fairly rare commodities and very valuable commodities.

“You’d think whatever Club he goes to they’d have to be talking about their first pick at the very least.”

Essendon said it is looking to bolster its ruck stocks with Brisbane big man Matthew Leuenberger one potential option.

“Matthew is a free agent so we’ve certainly been in a lot of dialogue with Matthew and his agent,” Kerr said.

“Free agency opens up this Friday so we’re hoping that that moves closer to finalisation and he selects Essendon as the Club that he’d like to join.”

Lions want end of first round compo pick for leuneberger. He is a restricted free agent - Lions might match offer, wants to know what compensation is first. Redden to Eagles for a draft pick. Pretty confident in getting Tom Bell from Blues. Wont pursue suckling.

If they match the offer then they can keep him.
Don’t want to trade for him.

Agreed. It would be a hilariously awkward situation.
Brisbane: “We’ve matched the deal. Let’s talk trades.”
Essendon: “Ring ring. Oh, that’s my phone. I’ve got to take this.”
Sydney: “Is that the time? I’m running late for brunch. Gotta go, bye.”

Lions want end of first round compo pick for leuneberger. He is a restricted free agent - Lions might match offer, wants to know what compensation is first. Redden to Eagles for a draft pick. Pretty confident in getting Tom Bell from Blues. Wont pursue suckling.

If they match the offer then they can keep him.
Don’t want to trade for him.

Peter Schwab
Lions want end of first round compo pick for leuneberger.
He is a restricted free agent - Lions might match offer, wants to know what compensation is first.
Redden to Eagles for a draft pick.
Pretty confident in getting Tom Bell from Blues.
Wont pursue suckling.
Might look at stevie J
Wont look at Keefe & Thomas even though Qld boys.

I think we should throw everything at freeman. Did look the real deal!!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-06/hawthorn-pair-lake-and-hale-retire-with-threeflag-haul

They lie in wait like wolves, the smell of blood in their nostrils. Waiting, interminably waiting, and then…

Spencer White

Pick him up just to push Benfti over the edge.

In: Brendan Whitecross, Mitch White, Matthew White, Simon White, Jesse White.

Would be a black day at Essington if that ever happened.

:slight_smile: Pure Gold from unexpected sources!

Spencer White

Pick him up just to push Benfti over the edge.

In: Brendan Whitecross, Mitch White, Matthew White, Simon White, Jesse White.

Would be a black day at Essington if that ever happened.