AFL Trade Radio

King hits on the field and verbal king hits off it.

Faux tough guy.

4 Likes

Yeah a little, I blame Freo.

Not assistant

Was GM football operations

Lolz. More bad news for the dogs.

Never really saw it with Crozier personally.

2 Likes

Making a lot of tackles in close at stoppages is one thing. Actually chasing blokes and having the ability (or willingness) to spread from stoppages is another

Francis is from just outside of Loxton ?, Yess :slight_smile:

It’s only an hour and a bit from Mildura. There is an airport there. If they decide to go with bringing his family over, they could fly from there. An hour’s drive is not hard at all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not far at all in a Little jet! :wink:

3 Likes

Seems someone went early on the Watts thing…

However, both Watts' manager, Paul Connors, and Port were adamant late on Friday that Watts had yet to nominate the Power as his preferred new club ahead of rival suitor Geelong.

Connors said the former No.1 draft pick was getting out of Melbourne over the weekend to clear his head before making a decision.

So it appears Port will have to wait until next week before learning whether Watts will become its third big-name signing of the player exchange period.

Also Cats could match Port offer and force a trade still so not done there yet either.

Edit. For Motlop

1 Like

Didn’t McClure say this was done?

I don’t understand this

RFA

He’s nominated Port. Cats can match his contract offer to either have him stay or force Port if still wants him have to trade for him over getting for free & Cats getting pick 35 compo.

At least that’s what I think it means!

Yep.
Don’t think they would match but if they think 35 isn’t adequate compensation they can match and force Port to trade for him. Downside to that is if they are tight for cap room and agree to match they could be screwed

It’s not a good look for port if Geelong match and then port don’t get a trade done to their future free agents.

1 Like

Both clubs trying to trade for Watts

Port currently has 30 & 33

Cats have potentially pick 35 compo (and 20 but they want to go to draft with that)

If Cats want to play funny buggers could force Port to trade for Motlop who they have committed to and make them pay a higher pick, say in 20’s that Cats could then use to trump them on Watts.

Interesting how may play out.

2 Likes

Thought there may have been some leg pulling going on.

So far, Adrian Doddoro has done a pretty good job.

But you need to acknowledge the quality of our young players, their work ethic, and their enthusiasm as a shining light on our club.

I said months ago how in the play ground kids are pretending they are Daniher taking species, and Tippa & Fantasia snapping impossible goals. It’s been a long time since we’ve lookedthis exciting as a team. But it has attracted the 3 players we will get this trade period.

Then add the work ethic of Merrett and Heppell.

It’s great to see!

18 Likes

Spot on mate.

We are the most exciting team in the comp I reckon.

If I was a young kid I’d be wanting to watch us as well.

1 Like

Not bias at all

I’m a bit surprised there isn’t trade radio today and tomorrow. The fact that trades can’t be officially signed off over the weekend, makes less than 1% difference to the content of that show

8 Likes