AFL Trade Radio

This.

OR

Using two of the second rounders to get back into the first round for a pick a bit later than 11 that we think is fair value for Stringer as opposed to pick 11.

Saad will be the next one to happen for a second rounder IMO.

We just totally teamed GWS though.

Goes to show that having a good trading relationship with them has paid off.

Pick 11 & a future third rounder for Dev Smith and pick 24 and a future second rounder is heavily in our favour.

1 Like

24 & 28 to Tiger/Crows for 15/16/17

24 + 28 points = 1462 points almost worth pick 9 (1469) in points.

more confident that we will get all three now.

5 Likes

Not sure why people think this jeopardises the Stringer deal. I think it gives us more options to work with than if it was just pick 19 coming back.

1 Like

1 Like

Not as much Brass Neck as Crameri

Dwayne Russell referring to the deal as Pick 11 for Devon Smith and some steak knives. Pretty heavily underselling the steak knives which are a pretty significant component of the deal!

3 Likes

Where’s all the…Essendon are hard to deal with talk?

Yet we are the ones throwing around options, being flexible and working with other clubs and getting the first deal done while others are dragging things on.

8 Likes

Maybe Langers will come into play?

I hope not because I really rate him but a second rounder plus Langers could get it done.

Dwayne Russell has no ■■■■■■ idea. If he says that Essendon have gotten Smith for essentially pick 11 one more time…

Closer to the value of pick 50 that we got him for idiot

6 Likes

I wonder if we will trade our 2018 second to Suns now for Saad.

Could possibly do
24 & 2018 2nd
for Saad & 22.

He is a dead set ■■■■■■ who has zero clue.

1 Like

Agree but not with Geelong waiting in the wings to pounce ■■■■ the cats

Cats have no currency mate.

They have to get the Gazza deal done first.

It’s also about the coin that they were offering Stringer.

We are in pole position.

2 Likes

Mate, what the fark does Geelong have to offer though? Pick 20? That won’t get Schache or Stringer.

1 Like

They don’t have the cap space and Stringer does not want to go there. It’ll be Essendon or nothing

2 Likes

Motlop would be pick 34 compo?

Only good trade raudo segment is the one with Bartel and twombstone

Yeah but I would have thought that only helps ease the “conditions” on the Gary deal.

I just can’t see Geelong being a threat to us. They’re more likely to get pick 34 for Watts.

If you assumed this year’s finishing positions for gws and ess happened again next year, what would the points be worth for next years pick swap? And then what would that translate to in added value to the pick 24 this year that came back. It’d have to add to be close to the pick (20?) Geelong refused to trade for watts, surely? Pretty big steak-knife for Dwaynepipe to chew on.