Former AFLW #12 - Joanne Doonan

Irish Fark Carltoner forced out of the country during the pandemic. Been playing mid and a tiny bit of forward with us this year.

Kicked two goals in each of our two most recent games.

5 Likes

Averaging 17 disposals, so just outside the top ten for the league. Has scored in 6 of 8 games this year despite playing forward for any significant time in just one of those games (played mostly as a forward for Fark Carlton — possibly mis-played there, as per Nanscawen)

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m shocked! Shocked to find that this was filmed at the beach.

Well, not that shocked. Almost as predictable as Courtney posting a shot of the sun.

2 Likes

Look at what you’re missing out on Conor.

“ehm”

1 Like

And another:

Meg and Doonan talk about sports life on their latest podcast.

THEY CHANGED SIDES! How am I meant to keep track which is which now?

1 Like

By their accent?

1 Like

The auto-transcript is hilarious. So many interpretations of Tipperary.

1 Like

Well, the section in episode 2 about uncertainty has been validated… at least she has time to shop herself around before trading/drafting.

1 Like

Yeah.
Was to be expected.
She was fit all year, played well at the scrimmages but just wasn’t getting selected, then towards the end wasn’t even being named as an emergency.

Hopefully she finds another AFLW club or sticks around the VFLW competition.

2 Likes

Was a better forward than Wuetschner this year…

1 Like

Agree.
But she wasn’t behind her for a spot in our forward line (unless there were injuries and we changed the forward makeup).
She was behind Amber Clarke in our forward line.

Midfield is where she trained most. But Maddy and Nanscawen were stapled there. The third was cycled depending on matchup.
She can play off a wing. She’s definitely got the fitness base for it. But Radford and Matilda were preferred there.

She can definitely play. Has neat foot skills. And can break away from a pack really well. She just isn’t damaging in AFLW. She’ll really shine at VFLW level.

1 Like

I’ll miss her accent and her bubbly personality.

This time of year sucks.

5 Likes

Yep, I don’t like this time of the year.

2 Likes

Damn. Hopefully she gets another chance.