I like this as recruiting strategy

6 Likes

interesting information

Im getting excited to finally have an AFLW team

4 Likes

Tonnie Boogood

1 Like

I am on train as well, Toogood.

Is it next year we start or the end of this year?

Looks like being Aug this year.

2 Likes

That the next fixture starts ?

Let’s hope she does

16 Likes

Yep, according to the FC AFLW coach, they are expecting to start pre season in 6 weeks, to be ready for an Aug start of the 18 team AFLW.

1 Like

Toogood by name, toogood by nature.

3 Likes

Will say in Gil’s favour, great job in getting the AFLW league substantiated.

2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

P.S. You’re both wrong.

Days after signing dynamic Carlton duo Maddy Prespakis and Georgia Gee , the Bombers are thrilled to announce that premiership player Bonnie Toogood has committed to the club for its inaugural AFLW season.

The club will now work with Toogood, her management and the AFL to facilitate this request once the AFLW Sign and Trade Period opens, with timing yet to be confirmed by the AFL.

Toogood has played 37 games across her five seasons at the Western Bulldogs as a key forward, with a career-goal tally of 29.

2022 was a career-best season for the exciting forward, with the 24-year-old kicking 10 goals, averaging 3.5 marks and 3.7 score involvements.

Bonnie Toogood is fresh off a big 2022 season. (Photo: AFL Photos)

She also took home the Bulldogs’ leading goalkicker award and was named in the initial AFLW All-Australian squad for the first time.

Toogood comes to the Bombers with a wealth of experience, playing a key part in the Bulldogs’ 2018 premiership success.

Respected by her peers and wider community, Toogood was voted the Western Bulldogs’ 2021 Players’ Player, while claiming the club’s Community Award in consecutive years for her work with the club’s Community Foundation.

General manager of football Josh Mahoney said Toogood would be a fantastic addition to the team, both on and off the field.

“We are thrilled to welcome Bonnie to the Bombers once the AFLW Sign and Trade Period opens,” Mahoney said.

“Bonnie is a great example of someone who drives standards and embodies the culture we are building at the club, especially through her leadership on the field and her contribution to the local community.”

AFLW player contract manager Georgia Harvey said Toogood would bring strength and experience to the Bombers’ forward line.

“Bonnie is a versatile forward who will bring a wealth of experience and leadership to our team,” Harvey said.

“She is a player who has a lot of potential and we look forward to continuing her development at our football club. Bonnie will be an integral part of our team.

“We look forward to welcoming Bonnie to the club and to see her in the red and black.”

3 Likes

Great get!!

I know I am greedy but can we get Daniele Ponter, Georgia Prespakas and Hailey Bullus all stars for different teams and all ex Essendon VFLW player

4 Likes

Well this is just Toogood to be true! Another really good get…I’m getting excited about our AFLW side.

3 Likes

Really? Pouring an absolute boatload of cash into something? Is it that hard?

1 Like