AFLW - round 7 vs Tiggers @ Princes Park, 7:20pm Saturday 14 October 2023

Hopefully a big crowd turns up at Ikon Psrk tomorrow night. I suspect there will be plenty of Bomber fans getting along to fill the stands.

1 Like

Per our social media channels, Georgia Gee is a late out (Injured) and Renee Tierney will take her place. Ash Van Loon is now listed as an emergency.

https://twitter.com/essendonfcw/status/1712679516706161046

2 Likes

Gee’s really stepped up this year, hoping the injury isn’t too bad.
Just sucks with the season length, a two or three week injury is like missing 5 or 6 in the mens!

2 Likes

The terrible Tiernnister Twins to totally trash the Tiggers tomorrow.

1 Like

1 Like

PLAYING CARUSO ALREADY!

She replaces Caitlin Greiser.

1 Like

Recent Form

Today’s clash is very crucial for both these teams.

Richmond currently sit in ninth with an even ledger of three wins and three losses, while Essendon is a win ahead of Richmond in seventh, so will want this win to further cement its place in the eight.

History

These two sides did meet in Essendon’s inaugural season last year, and in a close fight it was the Tigers who prevailed.

Key Stat Areas

Essendon has been significantly more a handballing side than Brisbane has this season, whereas the total opposite can be said for Richmond.

Richmond has had more inside 50s this season than the Bombers have, but once inside 50 it is the Bombers who have been more efficient.

Key Match Up/s

Eilish Sheerin vs Bonnie Toogood

Toogood is the key forward target for the Bombers, with her leading and marking ability second to none. However the Tigers do have Sheerin, who has the pace and running capacity to easily match it with Toogood.

Katie Brennan vs Ellyse Gamble

Up the other end, it is Brennan who is the equivalent of Toogood for the Tigers, so Gamble or whoever else ends up on the Tigers star is not going to have an easy evening. They are also going to have to do a lot of running, as Brennan truly is that link between the midfield and forward line for the Tigers.

Monique Conti vs Madison Prespakis

Perhaps the most enticing match up of the entire weekend, these two are some of the best midfielders in the competition for a reason and will provide plenty of entertainment having to battle each other for fans and neutrals alike. They are also hugely competitive, so will not stop until they have achieved success for their respective teams.

2 Likes

Excellent win last week against Geelong. Looking forward to watching a repeat effort tonight against Richmond.

Gonna need several showers to get this Fark Carlton stench off me.

First game of the year for me, come on Dons!

4 Likes

I couldn’t make it so will watch bits and pieces on tv.
Big game. If we win, we move into the top 4. Lose and we’re out of the 8 as low as 10th. This season is looking similar to VFLW.

1 Like

You mean that game where we went up against Lauren Caruso for top of the ladder, and lost by 3 points?

SHUT UP.

2 Likes

I feel dirty being here…

3 Likes

Yeah I went to one game there last year, and it just felt…wrong.

It is a nice ground to watch footy at though…

And the burger and chips I just smashed - while hideously expensive - is much better than what’s on offer at Windy Hill.

1 Like

Mon Conti basketball background count: 1

1 Like

This is awesome.

6 Likes

The Richmond Dreamtime jumper looks awesome.

1 Like

Looking forward to this match.
Finding it by chance was a pleasant surprise.
I suppose l should pay closer attention to announcements and less attention to conflicts in Israel and the Ukraine.

1 Like

I am hoping to find it a healthy distraction from the dominant political discourse of the moment, although the uh, Dreamtime imagery and ceremonies are kind of making that difficult.

2 Likes

Wow! That didn’t take the Tiges long.