General AFLW comments and articles

I’m rapt for my 6 year old daughter who has said for the last 3 years that she’s going to play for the Bombers when she grows up. Whether she does or not, at least now it could be possible.

I’m also rapt for my 11 year old daughter who asked me the other day if it’s possible to polish a turd, now I can give her an answer. Thanks Backyard Bomber, I must have missed that episode of Mythbusters.

As a concept sure i support it, the same way I support anyone that whats to compete in competitive synchronized swimming. Anyone that wants to compete and test themselves at the highest possible level should have the opportunity to do so.

At the end of the day though I support Essendon, not Australian rules football in general. Until such time the club I support has a team I could not care less, don’t care who is wearing the jumpers.

1 Like

If Essendon had a team I would care a hell of a lot more.

If you want to make a genuine difference help out a local footy club that isn’t a local government marquee ground. Some of them are poorly managed through ignorance or ineptitude and could use as much help as possible.

Essendon doesnt need help it’s huge brand in Australian sport and generates good numbers. The players are looking forward but there’s a lot of selfish crusading here. Kinda like a dummy spit because your favourite toy has been taken off you.

If Essendon had a team I would care a hell of a lot more.

Completely irrelevant to the SAGA. FFS!

Why does every thread get sabotaged by Saga talk!!!

If you want to make a genuine difference help out a local footy club that isn't a local government marquee ground. Some of them are poorly managed through ignorance or ineptitude and could use as much help as possible.

Essendon doesnt need help it’s huge brand in Australian sport and generates good numbers. The players are looking forward but there’s a lot of selfish crusading here. Kinda like a dummy spit because your favourite toy has been taken off you.

That will kind of do it for me, good summation, but not sure the crusading is all selfish. Just needs to be kept in the massive and very informed Saga thread. As for keeping your eye on the actual enemies the latest from the Age is essentially an AFL produced infomercial about the women’s league. Great for the players but if you had any doubts about that rag being the AFL’s mouthpiece, lay them to rest. Bought and sold is the AGEnda

Why does every thread get sabotaged by Saga talk!!!

You can’t escape it. Another thread “sagataged”.

I have a feeling that the women’s league will be a cash drain on the clubs. Probably will see a big interest early before it settles down. I’m happy for us to sit back an wait for others to build the market before coming in and taking the cash later, if it’s successful.

A cash drain on the clubs? Compared to GWS and GCS it’ll be a drop in the ocean. They’ll have a new set of sponsors lining up to participate, new merchandise lines. It’s a marketeers dream

A cash drain on the clubs? Compared to GWS and GCS it'll be a drop in the ocean. They'll have a new set of sponsors lining up to participate, new merchandise lines. It's a marketeers dream

There is a big assumption in that I think isn’t true.

No, not at all

No, I dont

A cash drain on the clubs? Compared to GWS and GCS it'll be a drop in the ocean. They'll have a new set of sponsors lining up to participate, new merchandise lines. It's a marketeers dream

sponsors yes but merchandise no. Unless they are planning on releasing new jumpers for the women’s teams. outside of that I don’t see where the merchandise would differentiate from the existing AFL merch.

I have a feeling that the women's league will be a cash drain on the clubs. Probably will see a big interest early before it settles down. I'm happy for us to sit back an wait for others to build the market before coming in and taking the cash later, if it's successful.
Whereas it struck me as a good way for the AFL to smuggle extra money to certain povo clubs...

have they announced when they will be playing the games? standalone or before AFL matches like the old vfl?

I have a feeling that the women's league will be a cash drain on the clubs. Probably will see a big interest early before it settles down. I'm happy for us to sit back an wait for others to build the market before coming in and taking the cash later, if it's successful.
Whereas it struck me as a good way for the AFL to smuggle extra money to certain povo clubs...

It’s amazing these days how the most devious possibilities also seem like the most likely

have they announced when they will be playing the games? standalone or before AFL matches like the old vfl?

Most are on the old VFL ovals.

I follow Essendon, not AFL, I would not watch AFL if there was no Essendon.

Il be really surprised if it doesn’t fizz out after a couple of years. Destined to fail imo