General AFLW comments and articles

AFL may now be looking at revenue from broadcasting for AFWL. If it goes the way of the men’s, expect revenue from gambling unless the women are allowed to take a stand.

AFL may now be looking at revenue from broadcasting for AFWL. If it goes the way of the men's, expect revenue from gambling unless the women are allowed to take a stand.

■■■■ talks, money walks

ABC NewsRadio also gave it quite a run,following the Ticket

I went with the wife and kids to the Lions v Collingwood match yesterday. Really enjoyable day -siting on the grass hill watching a competitive game of footy. It was a different, but good vibe at the match. For example, there was a can bar on the hill which was packed all afternoon but it was nowhere near as rowdy as it would be at a local mens Grand Final.
Free to get in and most food (Pies, sausage rolls, sausage in bread and soft drinks) -all $2 each, means it didn’t break the bank either. A nice change from taking the family to a mens AFL match.
Added bonus of this seasons AFLW is that we might get to see Collingwood win a spoon before the end of March.

And SEN has a one hour review program every Sunday morning.

I once worked in menswear.
Where you up for the inside leg measuring, for made to measure pants & suits? Not an enjoyable task, I'd imagine

When they were doing inside-legs wnen you were shopping for a tie, that was a worry.

I knew a lot more lesbian girls through cricket than I knew gay guys. I don't think I knew any guys (in my various circles) until my mid 40s. There were always bartenders, guys in menswear shops and guys in book shops who had more than a whiff of lavender about them, but they just weren't in my circle.

Not sure what it is about women’s sport that seems to attract a higher percentage of lesbians than other areas of “life”.

For a start, they’re not worrying about boyfriends and kids.

Ummm, … no. But many are worrying about partners, … and some about kids.

Not your finest use of pixels AN.

Ummm, .. no. But many are worrying about partners, .. and some about kids.

Not your finest use of pixels AN.

I would have thought that would come a few years later…like late 20s to late 30s.

Whereas hetero girls would be worrying about it a lot earlier.

Prospect of having a kid might be in the mind of different genders when they hit puberty, irrespective of their sexual orientation. But that's just my opinion. And child bearing increasingly being delayed by heterosexuals.

I would go further, child bearing delayed by Educated women in first world countries.

India is spending a lot on subsidising the education of girls.

I knew a lot more lesbian girls through cricket than I knew gay guys. I don't think I knew any guys (in my various circles) until my mid 40s. There were always bartenders, guys in menswear shops and guys in book shops who had more than a whiff of lavender about them, but they just weren't in my circle.

Not sure what it is about women’s sport that seems to attract a higher percentage of lesbians than other areas of “life”.

Because playing sport and having sex with women are both really enjoyable pastimes.

I think at the moment it’s a bit like under 12’s standard, but it will get better, very quickly I suspect. I think it’s great for young girls who play footy and love it as a sport now have a pathway to a professional game. I also like the fact we have a really competitive genuine pre season comp, that will get better every year. I cant wait till the bombers get a team in there. I would go to watch

Anyone drawing “under 12s” comparisons has never watched a) an under 12s game or b) a bottom half of the ladder game in the Southern Football League 3rds because it’s clear as day to anyone who has watched either that AFLW is already a much better standard than both.

Anyone drawing "under 12s" comparisons has never watched a) an under 12s game or b) a bottom half of the ladder game in the Southern Football League 3rds because it's clear as day to anyone who has watched either that AFLW is already a much better standard than both.

The skill level disparity is reminiscent of juniors
You’ve got your standouts (Pearce etc) mixed with some honest toilers then a bunch of enthusiastic athletes who don’t have much else going for them

Thought it was typical AFL stupidity that GWS and Freo played in predominately white colours against each other but Freo were today fined for it.

Thought it was typical AFL stupidity that GWS and Freo played in predominately white colours against each other but Freo were today fined for it.
Were they really?

How did they not know to pack their home guernseys for an away clash?

Deserved the fine for not reading the AFL’s minds on what jumpers they needed to wear and just assuming that their away/clash guernseys would suffice in an away game for them.

AFL “ordered them” to wear Purple.

Wait yeah hahaha that’s a good point.

I’ve come to the realisation that my only interest in women’s afl is that I want carlton to lose.

Fark all forms of carlton

Wouldn’t go and watch even if we had a team must would’ve more than happy for us to have one. Still washing my eyes out after seeing Michael Long in Crows gear over the weekend