General AFLW comments and articles

The AFL also likes pi$$ing money up against the wall and appeasing minnow clubs.
We have zero chance of a team in the next 2-3 years

1 Like

you make good points. would be surprised that theyd let a big vic club like us miss out on a team though. not to mention that if we dont get one, our fan base will just p1ss and moan until we get one.

If who was getting a team was so set in stone… why the delay?

State of Origin on tonight at Etihad, free entry.

Go Vics!

2 Likes

Il watch tonight and see if it can swing my view. Il be interested to see what the standard is

Allies suck.

good ■■■■ other states.

I’d go, but to expensive.

The vics are actually playing half decent footy. Probably the best standard I’ve seen. The allies are complete witches hats but, like laughable stuff. It’s like watching a under 18s team play a under 9s side

How terrible is Sam Lane…seriously annoying fangirl wannabe.

At the ground, they didn’t broadcast anything from Sam Lane QC, thank goodness.

None of the commentators seem to think Essendon will be selected in the next batch of clubs to be granted a womens team. When are they going to announce the decision?

It’s been delayed a month, so decision is due early October.

The AFL applies IOC standards to transgender players . Those standards have been largely discredited. Yet Gil talks about being inclusive on transgender status in AFLW.

VFL W is the curtain raiser today at Etihad. On C7 now Diamond Creek V Darebin.

1 Like

Pretty good so far.

Tough and hard - some of the girls are unbelievable.

A lot of the skills are rubbish, and shorter/less accurate kicking has a disproportionate dampening effect on scoring, but it’s definitely entertaining.

No one’s dying wondering, for sure. Love the brutality (and the umpires mostly ignoring it).

Daisy dominating this quarter; the goal by the Diamond Creeker after getting crushed was awesome too.

EDIT: and a late goal before three quarter time to keep it interesting.

Could be in for a ripper finish.

Go the red sashers.

Just came to say the same, … Go The Creek!!