General AFLW comments and articles

If we had a W side, my interest would be as much as the AFLX comp.

None.

7 Likes

I call bullshit,

I reckon if we had a team in and Micheala & Stef were playing, and we were any good, ā€¦ youā€™d be right with it.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to another biggest hits/tackles vid.
Call me sadistic but seeing players getting blindsided (due to a complete lack of awareness) is kinda like the car crash you canā€™t look away from.

edit
For some reason I thought this was a new thread not a bump haha

Not interested.

I donā€™t have a lot of time or energy to be following anything other than Essendon, the Socceroos and the Matildas.

The Australian Cricket team has lost me for now. Iā€™m sick to death of the selectors and the Marsh brothers.

Plus I think the AFLW is a cash grab, to attract more women to following AFL football. Too little too late. Other sports have been engaging women, providing a national/international platform to perform, and pathway programs for many years.

The AFL have not. Well Not until it witnessed other female sports explode in popularity, and it became safe option.

Actually had no idea it was coming up til I saw this thread.

But no, not interested.

I will. I really enjoyed it last year,ā€¦ and would only expect the quality to have improved across the board.

As an eg: saw a girl on the News tonight that missed out on selection last year,ā€¦ but after working hard and going from 106 kg down to 76 kgs in the off season, has now been picked up,

Itā€™s impossible to see anything negative about the boost the AFLW has given to women and womens sport in general

2 Likes

I also remembered that I dislike football, unless EFC is playing.

1 Like

No I donā€™t care

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t care less about it and wouldnā€™t even be remotely interested even if we had a side

2 Likes

Not especially interested, but Iā€™d sooner watch it than AFLXā€¦

I fully support the rights of the women to play. i think they should play, and get paid well, and i think the concept in general is great, particularly for young girls. But despite that I am totally with you. I have 0% interest. If Essendon had a team I reckon I would have 0.01% interest at a stretch.

1 Like

Iā€™d prefer the AFL to go and invest in indigenous and multicultural developmentā€¦ Find a way to land more Wallaā€™s from the Tiwiā€™s, and I want to see a turban wearing Bomber! Womanā€™s footy is a farce.

1 Like

I watched more last year than I thought I would, but I havenā€™t thought about it since or have any more excitement about it this year.

Thread should be renamed:

ā€œLetā€™s all have Another Round of Hanging ā– ā– ā– ā–  on Women Footy. And see you Again Next year.ā€

Fineā€¦ Iā€™ll take it in a different direction.

I canā€™t wait to watch it in the same fashion that Koala watches Jobe.

2 Likes

Why is it so important for people to line up to tell everyone else how that canā€™t stand AFLW? Who the fark cares what you think? Donā€™t farking watch it! Itā€™s not hard. If itā€™s not for you, fine, move on. Create a farking thread to disparage womenā€™s footy ffs?

In my opinion your reading too much into it.

The do you care question is a matter of fan engagement. Itā€™s a fair question, and one that people are simply responding to.

If people were engaged with it, this wouldnā€™t be a disparaging thread.

I donā€™t think youā€™ll find one person on here that does not think women should be playing footy and has anything but the best wishes for them.

Any comments regarding the standardā€¦ wellā€¦ Iā€™ve seen much much worse on the game day threads.

Yep, Iā€™m sure that young women who venture into this thread - the only one dedicated to the female version of the sport, will feel all the ā€˜best wishesā€™ for them. Brings a tear to the eye.

1 Like

Womenā€™s footy sure has a lot of knockers.

16 Likes

So did the Melbourne F1 GP, but those knockers are now a thing of the past

1 Like