General AFLW comments and articles

Is it me, or are the scores getting worse and worse?

Nothing a quick memo wonā€™t take care of.

2 Likes

You canā€™t tell a woman what to do.

2 Likes

Why would they need a memo, donā€™t women know everything :yum:

3 Likes

My guess is the scoring would be similar to last year - Have noticed the women seem to be more defensively minded than the men players - It seems to be more natural to roll back in defence.

Would watch AFLW over AFLX anytime.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Was in a shop today and the young girl behind the counter saw my sons bomber tshirt.

She was very excited to ask us if we were all bombers fans and that she was too.

Said she has one of the assistant coaches from Fark Carlton helping out at her training. And that she had played soccer for 10 years and now loving footy.

For all those that arenā€™t interested, thatā€™s ok, thereā€™s a tonne of girls out there really excited about playing footy

4 Likes

i dont think peole are denying that, there have been womens leagues going for a while? just that from a spectators point of view its almost utter garbage

1 Like

I watched 3/4 games this weekend. One was very good, mainly due to Erin Phillips being a cut above everyone else on the field, even on one leg.

The othersā€¦ horrible stuff.

Too many scoreless quarters. It reminds me of Under 10s with so many fumbles and stoppages. That said, I expect that weā€™ll see the next generation come through and be a helluva lot better due to better supports in place now.

I support the womenā€™s league, but with no Bombers, and the current standard, itā€™s pretty hard.

1 Like

imo the fact that Erin Phillips is as good as she is in the national Australian Rules comp just shows how far it has to go.
No disrespect to her as sheā€™s obviously an incredible athlete, but sheā€™s done the equivalent of Conor McKenna winning a Brownlow in his first year on our list.

Erin also has played footy for a fair bit of her life. She played a lot of juniors with the boys and she used to practice several hours a day with her old man and I used to see her having a kick and catch with him before and after Port games

Just going to say it, but Brennan going to the AHRC, saying:

ā€œIt is even more troubling to know that if I was a man playing in the AFL and was reported for the identical tackle, I would not have been suspended and I would be playing in a grand final tomorrow"

is a borderline disgrace.

2 Likes

Where do the Doggies get these lawyers?
I donā€™t get the option of paying a fine instead of a suspension playing amateur country league, not sure a non-full time professional athlete should ever have that option.

Needs to say she is a Aboriginal Vegetarian Lesbian Muslim Woman and sheā€™ll be awarded $500,000 in damages

3 Likes

Seriouslyā€¦ if Brennan hasnā€™t noticed with the AFL supplements saga, the AFL can do what they want, when they want.

Its all about the vibe to the AFL.

Next time give her a $2000 fine, see how she likes a 10% wage hit

3 Likes

Is it beyond the system to give the player the option of the fine or the suspension?

Thereā€¦ was that so difficult?

Women who pull this ā– ā– ā– ā–  make us other women look like weak damsels in distress. Gives me the absolute ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . Footscray once again, being idiots.