General AFLW comments and articles

Whats the TL,DNR upshot on this Dave?

AFL doesn’t care about AFLW

3 Likes

did you really need to quote the world’s longest article?

5 Likes

Any idea when the next submissions for a women’s team are?

This Richmond, Carlton game is a great game

3 Likes

Just watched the replay. Not a bad match.

1 Like

Realistically, it will be 2023 or later. The AFaiL probably have no appetite for expansion in this current covid, money tight environment.

1 Like

A women’s team is our only chance of winning a ■■■■■■■ final.

2 Likes

VFL team have done pretty well over the last few years…

1 Like

True. I apologise to the VFL team.

2 Likes

our esports team won finals.

1 Like

Why would they allow the Crows and St Kilda to both be in guernseys that are predominantly white?

It lines up with their cash strip policy.

2 Likes

AFL Commission meeting set for May 1 to decide if will be new teams be added to the AFLW comp

Or alternatively we could go for the triple crown of failure with the afl and vfl teams

I think there is little chance of us getting a team in the immediate future. IMO the AFL really underestimated the cost of the comp and will be very hesitant to add more cost, even though the Dons would be one of the few clubs to be able to support a team

I wouldn’t be surprised if Port get one. They are flat broke but I think the AFL are a tad concerned on how powerful the Crows are and might look at it as a means of equalisation

There certainly was a bit of that early.

However… they’re not likely to bring in one team. Sydney aren’t interested, so us or the Hawks. They should pick the team with a 2-0 record between us, not the 0-2 one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My info suggests that there is appetite to expand and include the 4 missing teams but a couple of power hitters in AFaiL land are worried about the cost of the additional teams. It is no certainty for any of the 4 missing teams.

When you mention ‘cost’ is it wages or simply a licencing fee paid to the afl?