AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Never mind millennials, it’s these gen z upstarts that are the real problem.

Were going to need an even shorter version of the game for them.

1 Like

One a side. You walk out. Toss a coin. One player calls ‘heads’ or ‘tails’.

Still reckon umpires would make wrong decisions.

1 Like

my biggest issue is that unlike cricket… we don’t really need ‘faster’ games. Cricket created T20 so that games would go 3 hours and fit into timeslots designed for football. We already have that.

I’m just not understanding what point this serves at all… I hope we don’t risk any best 22 players on a gimmick.

I didn’t really like the idea… but at least you could understand the logic of those 3 teams 2 halves games they had a few years back… Not ideal but kinda worked from a certain POV.

This seems like a new format that doesn’t address a particular need… being rolled out to distract from the fact that pre-season has become the ultimate joke.

Why not just let the whole spotlight be on AFLW? Or increase the ‘regular’ season to 25 games and do away with pre-season all together.

3 Likes

League and Union have sevens. Broadcasting revenue?

and just call it “A”.

1 Like

The big market for T20 is gen Xers taking their kids along…

They do but it doesn’t capture much of a TV audience. Great fun live on account of all the drinking (everyone should have the HK 7s on their sporting bucket list) but doesn’t work for TV.

Aflx is to afl as super 6s was to cricket. T20 is not the right comparison for this.

Which is short for AFLaconiX

This is such an underrated post.
And such a handsome poster.

3 Likes

And a well known Lion Tamer.

2 Likes

I’ve had better.

Thankyou for bringing this most wizened and considered of posts to my attention, as I had erroneously overlooked it in my sake-medicated Jake Stringer Psychosis.

■■■■ yeah! I want to see Jay Neagle finally become the super star that he is. I want the world to see his ten minutes of brilliance, to bask in it and share it with me.

1 Like

“Clubs will embrace AFLX - McLachlan”

Is that a threat?

11 Likes

Bring in a golden snitch.
If a team hits it with the ball then they get 40 points.
The AFL should hire me.
I have lots of ideas on how to make a mockery of the game.

2 Likes

How about every grand final we give all the free kicks to one side for about an hour?

Or was that thrown up in this committee meeting two years ago.

1 Like

EVERYTHING CAN BE RESCUED VIA MULTI-BALL.

(Which is why all games need to be played at Docklands with the roof closed. That the resulting heat will see players falling over dead is a good thing, anything to dominate the media.)

I like multiball, but could we build a perspex floor, say…thirty feet above the ground, and have two games being played at once, with the ball(s) passing between the two playing fields?
AFL3D.

2 Likes