AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Don’t like it.

Will still watch.

1 Like

How could you not like it? It’s the “high octane” version of the sport!

Have just ventured into thread, as I thought AFLX was some sort of video/playstation game, only to find it’s a real thing.

Oh well I guess the AFL are trying to cash in (not like them :wink:) since the T20 comp has been a success.

Will give it a look too.

Ok, so full back kicks out and other full back marks it?

The AFL really needs a new marketing team. Pretty sure the guy coming up with this name is the same guy that named cheesymite “iSnack 2.0”

NOBODY
WATCH
THIS
SH/T

3 Likes

Ignore it and it will go away.

Clubs are yet to be shown a detailed brief of all the rules, but will be informed in due course.

LOLz. The third day may be very different to the first, as teams decide whether to put anyone in the forward forty.

This is the shittest thing ever. It will be the last straw in the ruination of the game we know - or have known - maybe not immediately, but in the process that has begun, another in the death by a thousand cuts. We have to - not go and, switch off, even if Tippa is playing. Comparisons to 20/20 are bullshit, this is where the so-called ‘guardians of the game’ want the game to be more palatable to the rest of the world (why?) and makes more money (answer). Actually, comparisons to 20/20 aren’t bullshit - I’m no huge cricket fan, but it is the crappiest version of the sport since one dayers… others can take up that angle of argument. This is a brutalisation of the game we know.

In short: don’t let these ■■■■■ ruin our game. Look away. If not, you are buying into polo playing wankers et al. who think they need to make a mark on the world by radically changing it, just because they have the opportunity to.

3 Likes

Why? Same answer a spot anything the suits come up with (live trading during the draft, night grand final, etc etc)

They spend a few hundred k a year on a ■■■■ up tour of the US and they need to report back on something.

1 Like

It Will be too easy to score. You’ll have back pockets kicking goals from being front and square. Complete rubbish. Can we please officially ban members of blitz from attending.

Fingers crossed we never ever see this again.

We are living in a post MBA society and it is destroying everything that is good and decent about the world

I don’t know what the point of aflx is.

Haven’t we already got ‘international’ rules for a rectangle game?

The AFL does some good things to the game,this is not one of them.

I do know in Sydney auskick and junior footy is.now so popular they have literally run out of ovals. But surely the solution to that is for the AFL to work with cricket and acquire some more land?

If any of our players get injured playing this ■■■■ I’ll ■■■■■■■ combust.

11 Likes

I can’t see clubs risking senior players for this

I don’t care who it is.

I’d rather them get arrested.

3 Likes

We should send Xavier and the exec team

4 Likes

THAT is an amazing idea.

we should send the blitz forum footy team

10 Likes

Another amazing idea!

AFL just trying to increase the number of opportunities for their key betting sponsors to take people’s money.

Also a big match-fixing opportunity that I’m sure nobody is going to police too closely.

2 Likes