AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

AFL still trying to get into the action of licensing rights for E Sports, which is more fun and only the gamers get injured.

I allow myself a rant every now and then.

It’s interesting that the AFL make this announcement on the weekend that Sexpo is in town.

They must have an AFLX stand there to show just how good they are at farking the game.

8 Likes

I know it’s not the most ridiculous part of the whole thing, but two ten minute halves? That’s not twenty20, that’s more like three3.

Is that legit. Lol. This is just a farce.

2 Likes

Send an Auskick team.

1 Like

I wanna see @Catherine_Lio playing out of square/penalty area/semi circle…whatever the fark they are going to call it in this miserable excuse for a dollar grab.

So,…apart from all that you actually love the game.

1 Like

You have clearly not seen me play AFL9S…

3 Likes

Presumably there are six matches, two per team.

"Each AFLX tournament will consist of six teams, divided into two pools of three.

Teams in the same pool will play against each other once, with the top team from each pool facing off in a Grand Final.

Games will consist of two 10-minute halves with a two-minute break at half-time."

A certainty there will be hamstrings pinged IMO.

Yeah but what sport? Not footy that’s for sure.

I think it is a smart move to build participation in the game.

Tailor a format that can work on smaller, rectangular fields and you open up new places to setup organised competitions.

The preseason tournament is just a way to build a bit of exposure.

1 Like

Yep. 100% correct.

Rule change!

Drink!

8 Likes

I just hate the comment that there needs to be more player movement between clubs.
Why does there need to be? What will that achieve?

3 Likes

Why?

11 Likes

That gil pic djr posted says it all really.

Clubs weren’t supportive but he’s going to push it through anyway.

Finally all these rule changes make sense. They’re made during a liquid lunch!

1 Like