AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Everybody place everyone once and the following year they swap home grounds.

Maybe the bottom teams don’t win many games late in the season because they’re not very good. That plan seems to be based on the premise that the bottom teams are only bad because they have nothing to play for, which pretty much ignores how they got down there to begin with.

1 Like

I do like this suggestion.
Also, another 12 teams.
Also, let’s play with a proper round ball.

1 Like

The AFL can do anything these days. I’ve seen AFL team endorsed tissues and cologne in chemist warehouse. How far off is the AFL enforced pregnancy test?

I want me a Bombers one for the next scare!

1 Like

Times to reward every team’s participation by removing the regular season and introducing a final 18 with the finals played over 22 weeks.

1 Like

The bottom six playing to avoid relegation would guarantee some old fashioned biffo which may appeal to some posters on here.

Just have a game every day of the year for 10 years then whoever wins the most is the all time bestest and greatest. Then start again. ■■■■■■■ idiots.

3 Likes

Relegation is probably the stupidest idea I have heard for AFL.
Team finishes last, gets relegated, romps to VFL flag next year, moves straight back up.
Collingswood VFL team wins VFL flag, gets promoted, there are now two collingwood teams in the AFL comp.
Ludicrous.

Basic relegation principle - your seconds aren’t eligible
Be fair to Tassie, why are you thinking VFL?

So if Carlton finish last and Norwood won the SANFL, Carlton relocate to Norwood?

5 Likes

Hmm there is merit in THAT idea. But could we send them further away?

1 Like

I think Al_fc is still having a run in the London league, promote the Wadsworth demons and fark fark Carlton off there.

So Carlton can’t play in the same league as GWS?

I like it, but there has to be a downside somewhere along the line.

Or imagine a team from Darwin & the Tiwi islands playing the Colliwobbles.
How much better to watch than fark Carlton.

PS - I am just trolling Gill boy here - if we can distract him with even more stupid ideas, backed by the Tasmanian & NT governments, he may forget about his bs conferences which, as others have pointed out, will be rorted quicker than Bronwyn Bishop in sight of a helicopter.

1 Like

Relegation is a great thing and would be perfect IMO but it just doesn’t work given the way the sport is set up with the draft, the salary cap, no (true) free agency, not enough money, not enough quality throughout the sport.

They are all what make it work in the best example which is the England Football League. It just doesn’t work in a million years here.

1 Like

Well, a million years IS a long time…

but maybe not long enough to overturn the endemic corruption in this league…

3 Likes

First 30 seconds… and the later bit about adjusting the evidence.

Further to the release on Friday i can reveal exclusively to bomberblitz further changes the afl are considering to liven up the the final rounds of the season:

*Super goals are in
*Goals and points are worth double value in time on
*If the ball hits the goal post and comes back into play then play on
*Mid season trade period held at completion of round 17
*No marks paid for backwards kicks.
*Teams aren’t allowed more than 3 consecutive handballs without a kick
*Nominated forwards and backs can’t leave the forward 50, nor can mids enter the arcs
*Reduced benches and maximum 5 interchanges per quarter
*Last person to touch a ball before the ball goes out of play gets a free kick awarded against them
*Teams have to nominate rovers for each ruck contest and only they may touch the ball after a ruck contest.
*Speccies will be rewarded with a 20 meter gain for an exciting mark (based on umpire discretion)

These rules are designed to reduce congestion and ensure a free flowing, attacking game.

Further, the excitement of wildcard weekend will be enhanced with teams allowed to loan stars from competitors not active in wild card week. Imagine the excitement of a Richmond forward line with two rioli’s!

These changes will be met with universally positive press as the afl innovators continue to grow our game

5 Likes

Rohan Connolly has slapped down idea of fixture change.

Game is doing fine. Competition is fairly even.

Record crowds.

Stop farking with it.

1 Like

RoCo is a moron

2 Likes