AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Just got home.
Look i dont mind the format, i just hate it when my team isnt winning. But watching it showed so many similarities to us in a game during the season.

• Not maning up
  • Losing to teams we should beat
  • Being slow with our ball movement

But what was dissapointing was the scoring
Every other game (i think) went nuts and ours was low scoring.

1 Like

dys said we were zoning.

why the ■■■■ you’d zone in something like this though?

2 Likes

What did the 7 year old think? I guess that is the target demo? I’m really struggling to see the appeal and the game itself doesn’t seem to lend itself to crowd involvement because of the speed etc…

Yeah apparently our coaches worked out a tactic that stupid?!! Oh well keen to see proper stuff a bit more next week.

I get the impression that a lot of people only wanted to see the bad in our game tonight. For most of the second half of the saints game, once the guys got the feel for the contest again, we held the ball in our half of the ground taking multiple pot shots at zooper goals. Saint won cos they got only a couple of attacks forward but were able to convert them. The defensive mindset of the team, once they started to work on it, worked really effectively

Didn’t see any of the first round in Adelaide, but did hear a lot about it today. Nothing good, of course.

Was always going to watch tonight, and had no idea what to expect. Wouldn’t say I loved it, but it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I thought it might be.

If we never see it again after this weekend, won’t bother me at all. If they try again next year, also won’t bother me at all.

Can’t see it as a format to sell the game to the world, but I’ve been known to be wrong on (too) many an occasion.

Will be interested to see if they persevere.

Should I watch it? I taped it

Nah, the umpiring will just ■■■■ you off and this ■■■■ isn’t worthy of your anger

(Edit: the bad kicking for goal will also piss you off)

3 Likes

It’s worth a look, just to see what’s going on.

As Ivan says, be prepared to watch us miss some chances.

Actually forgot it was on until I saw a few seconds at the gym.

Meh. As long as there were no injuries that’s the only thing that matters

As soon as I saw bean bags behind the goals I switched straight back to wolverine

6 Likes

I watched our game and about 15 mins of other games and basically yes.

Imagine footy but without ruckmen, midfielders, or deep forwards/backs.
Just half backs kicking to lead up forwards.
On a soccer field.
Terrific stuff.

1 Like

Did he? That many times they had free men. Agreed though why with 7 people🤔

Saad went on his standard dashing run from back to midfield and they called him for running too far. Two games later the melbourne player ran even further without bouncing the ball and got away with it.

Gonna be exciting him and mckenna dashing through the midfield till early mornin’

1 Like

We made scoring harder by simply not kicking straight.

1 Like

Disappointing lack of flares

What about the clowns?

Jake Melksham killed it. :roll_eyes::smirk:

So we didn’t win a pretend, fairyland, deformed version of something that was once footy. In mid February. And people are angry about it?

Lol.

5 Likes

I’m not angry about it.
But I like to see Essendon win.
And I like to see Essendon kick straight.
Neither of those things happened, so I’m a little miffed.

2 Likes

If fans can get to this level of angry by mid-Feb for AFLX then they should be in top form by round one.

5 Likes