AGE article on Mark Bolton (former Blitz whipping boy) (well worth a read)

Played golf in a group with him once at a club golf day. Seemed like a really good, down to earth bloke with a great sense of humour. I always thought he was unfairly treated by supporters, but I was probably influenced by that experience.

Gave us everything he had every time he took to the park.
Was the crucial piece to many good wins when they needed him in the side.

Played golf in a group with him once at a club golf day. Seemed like a really good, down to earth bloke with a great sense of humour. I always thought he was unfairly treated by supporters, but I was probably influenced by that experience.

So you’ve been holding out on us eh GOM?

What did he say about Bucketz & his contract?

Top quality stuff as a man, he is huge in stature. His good is difficult to measure. l wish him well with all future endeavours.

Could still do a -10 minute 3k time trial.

Did his first full triathlon recently, in a very decent time. Can swim/cycle/run all day.

Absolute Champion, love ya work Bolts.

I once knew people who were nuts about Bolts. I was always "meh" as a footballer. Sheeds loved him. But not surprised, he is a quality human being.

I was one of them! (and still am!)

still have the banner that bombersforever made somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

i was wondering where that ended up!! lol

Great article re Mark Bolton (a good and loyal servant of our club)

See Caro there is someone ‘thinking of the children’ (sorry people couldn’t help myself)

Every time I saw bolts in the Magoos he looked a class above, but aside from Goodes being his beatch in the ones was a battler. I’m wondering if the Steinmaster might be heading the same way, except for the Goodes beatch bit

His second half of 2002 off the half back line was that good it’s still ingrained in my skull.

I was nuts about bolts too, but others thought I had a screw loose.

Every time I saw bolts in the Magoos he looked a class above, but aside from Goodes being his beatch in the ones was a battler. I'm wondering if the Steinmaster might be heading the same way, except for the Goodes beatch bit
I'm sure there were a couple of others he did well on too? Kouta?? He went forward in his last year on the list, and was actually alright at it. FWIW I reckon he could've been a perfectly OK role player. Good defensively and could run all day. Like he did with Peverill, Sheedy was intent on proving he could be something much more.

Quality human being.
We should be proud that people like this are part of our tribe.