Ahmed Saad

Really?

Rollo's Brad Green idea suddenly seems smart.

Why don't you list the reasons you don't want him?  It might be slightly more constructive.

There is one very simple one. He is a spud.
His goal kicking is annoying
In 2013 he kicked 17 goals from 13 games and 8 disposals.
Are we going to try and chase every small forward that might be on the market?
Someone like Gartlett has been average 2 goals a game in 3 of his past 4 years before this one.
Maybe I looked at Gartlett more favourably because he has kicked more goals against us than any other club (equal with 3 others clubs on 17 goals)
EDIT: The prick kicked 6 against us once. But I do hate how he dripples his kicks when running into an open goal. Well I don't hate them now but they will infuriate me if we pick him up.

No way. Is rubbish

Druggy. 

It's back page of Herald Sun. In this day and age of reliable print media reporting, this is pretty much a done deal.

Really?

Why don't you list the reasons you don't want him?  It might be slightly more constructive.

Someone like Gartlett has been average 2 goals a game in 3 of his past 4 years before this one.
Maybe I looked at Gartlett more favourably because he has kicked more goals against us than any other club (equal with 3 others clubs on 17 goals)
EDIT: The prick kicked 6 against us once. But I do hate how he dripples his kicks when running into an open goal. Well I don't hate them now but they will infuriate me if we pick him up.

He was very good in his first year, his second was affected by a lot of controversy so I assume you took that into account.  Do you have Garlett's stats from his first two years?  I would be interested to see whether they are substantially better or similar.  Genuinely btw, not having a go.
Garlett appears to be a better player but i am not sold on his attitude and willingness to work hard and focus.  Saad's attitude will have changed dramatically and I imagine so will his work rate.

17 goals from 8 disposals? That is incredible efficiency. BRING. HIM. IN.

Really?

He was very good in his first year, his second was affected by a lot of controversy so I assume you took that into account.  Do you have Garlett's stats from his first two years?  I would be interested to see whether they are substantially better or similar.  Genuinely btw, not having a go.
Garlett appears to be a better player but i am not sold on his attitude and willingness to work hard and focus.  Saad's attitude will have changed dramatically and I imagine so will his work rate.
Garlett first year 10 games for 12 goals.
Second year was 39 goals from 20 games.
Saad played 13 games in his second year, not sure at what point he was being investigated. Whether he was out right away or if it carried with him in his last few matches.

For the record multiple clubs have had contact with his manager.  It makes a better story though to say Essendon is interested.  So everyone can make the drug link.  Good work media you bunch of ■■■■■■■ hacks.

This is totally untrue, infact the recruiters at Essendon are very angry about this story, as there is absolutely not truth to it.

Really?

Garlett first year 10 games for 12 goals.
Second year was 39 goals from 20 games.
Saad played 13 games in his second year, not sure at what point he was being investigated. Whether he was out right away or if it carried with him in his last few matches.

Wasn't he done by July 2013 (banned under Asada)?  If so, then trying to play under those conditions would have been difficult.

This is totally untrue, infact the recruiters at Essendon are very angry about this story, as there is absolutely not truth to it.

any source on this?

any source on this?

He said it three times so it must be true.

Garlett should be a priority above him.  But wouldn't be against looking at him

do it just for the butt hurt of the football world.

Garlett will cost us a draft pick/player. Saad will be free. With few draft selections of note, I would like to use them on getting the best players possible through the draft.

Saad has talent and now probably has a greater hunger and a new found appreciation of having a career.  Garlett has been gifted his role at the Bloos and does not appear to understand what he has.
I would take Saad first if possible.

Not sure gifted his role is the right case.

Wasn't he the player who was homeless and sleeping in a car just so he could train in a major city before being drafted ?

this is probably been his first poor season for whatever reason,

Not to say I want him playing for us, just it's a bit harsh IMO

any source on this?

Why would they be angry?   Just laugh it off!

Garlett, Saad, Orazio....

MOSQUITO FLEET!

Can we just sign him as a delisted free agent?

Druggy.