Akermanis at Essendon?

I would be stoked.. he got North Albury from the bottom of the ladder to the top in 3 years.. Worth a crack

Drawing a long bow there SB - he made finals and bowed out in straight sets. That ain’t top in my book!

Still better than 10th

So is 9th!

Sanderson talks like he was just released from a time capsule. Centre half forward, centre half back, full forward. wat the !

Motorcar, comode, bakelite, milkman these are also words from the 50s

Put on your eartrumpet and get with the zeitgeist Brenton. Those positions no longer exist.

Seriously?

Bagged
Jim Stynes, Adam Goodes, James Hird (from memory)

Accused someone of taking PEDS because he couldn’t keep up with them.

Homophobic

Got sacked twice, in part, for leaking sensitive team information.

Got suspended for cyber bullying an umpire.

Sounds like the last bloke we want at the club, least of the AFL rubber stamping the deal. (Unless this is hush money for the PEDS and match fixing at Brisbane…)

Yeah but North Albury tho

Isnt North Albury Wodonga?

I’ve never minded Aker (except for the Doggies game, which is his major issue here) He was a farking gun of a footballer and in the top 10 (maybe top 20 if i get a grip) I’ve seen.

He could walk the talk. Handy asset to have to deploy under a tight leash.

If you buy the fact that one of the main reasons they got rid of hird (i know alot of you don’t) was because they wanted the unwanted media attention to go away, this decision to even allow him to apply for a job at the club seems strange.

I hope they are heading the warning signs like they did after the 2014 best and fairest. There will be a backlash if he is employed by the club.

Seriously?

Bagged

Homophobic

Sounds like the last bloke we want at the club, least of the AFL rubber stamping the deal. (Unless this is hush money for the PEDS and match fixing at Brisbane…)

I’ve never minded Aker (except for the Doggies game, which is his major issue here) He was a farking gun of a footballer and in the top 10 (maybe top 20 if i get a grip) I’ve seen.

Nope… Albury is north of Wodonga

Agreed, Vanilla coaches, chock chip triple swirl draft picks

Sanderson talks like he was just released from a time capsule. Centre half forward, centre half back, full forward. wat the !

Motorcar, comode, bakelite, milkman these are also words from the 50s

Put on your eartrumpet and get with the zeitgeist Brenton. Those positions no longer exist.

I wish those positions did still exist. The footy was more enjoyable then. (I must be getting old. "Back in my day… ")

PS: Fark off Aker.

PPS: Fark Carlton.

Fmd you lot are a bunch of old nags

Seriously?

Bagged

Homophobic

Nope… Albury is north of Wodonga

Yep. Damn. Thats embarassing.

Seriously?

Bagged

Homophobic

A quick run down of Albury/Wodonga for you Dodga because it’s late and I’m wide awake.

Wodonga is in Victoria, also known as God’s Country.

North of Wodonga is the Murray River. Also known as the border.

North of the border is NSW. You’ll find South Albury there. South Albury is home to my work, and a place called BBB where I get my coffee. It used to be a Pizza Hut. It’s located in Wodonga Place.

North of South Albury is Albury. Home of the Joss Moneybags Albury Tigers. They have won many premierships - and the Albury Sportsground is basically the oldest ground in Albury. History n ■■■■ ya dig?

North of Albury is North Albury. Home of the Hoppers, coached by Aker. North Albury is basically bisected by Mate Street.

West of North Albury is Glenroy - the ghetto if you will. I dated a girl from there and a friend was carjacked in his Skyline there.

South of Glenroy is West Albury. It’s nice if you’re right out west. I can’t describe the rest of West Albury without being accused of being racist.

North of North Albury is Lavington, commonly referred to as Stabbington. It is a scary place, there are many teen mums, and there is a Big W.

North west of North Albury is what has now been defined as Hamilton Valley. Those people think they’re not from Lavington, but they are. That’s where the Lavington Sports Ground is. You remember the LSG - it’s where Zimbabwe beat the Poms in the 92 World Cup, and where Essendon and Richmond cancelled a pre-season game because the ground was wet.

North of Lavington is Springdale Heights - where my wife works. It’s hard to describe Springdale Heights, but they’re Aker’s sort of people, and not too dissimilar to the non-nice part of West Albury.

Finally - east of Springdale Heights is Thurgoona. They have a beautiful golf course, but nobody else is real sure what goes on up there.

If you buy the fact that one of the main reasons they got rid of hird (i know alot of you don't) was because they wanted the unwanted media attention to go away, this decision to even allow him to apply for a job at the club seems strange.

I hope they are heading the warning signs like they did after the 2014 best and fairest. There will be a backlash if he is employed by the club.

Why worry? We have th coach who presided over the worst drug-riddled club in history, as well as his mate who coached GCS who employed the two blokes that we got historically unprecedented levels of trouble for hiring.

It would be in keeping with the zeitgiest to also pick up Akermanis.

BRING HIM IN

Brem06, you forgot to mention the fields of Xavier High School, Fallon St, Albury: home of oh so many national boomerang championships.

I love Albury’s (lack of) wind.

Close this thread

Seriously?

Bagged

Homophobic

A quick run down of Albury/Wodonga for you Dodga because it’s late and I’m wide awake.

North of the border is NSW. You’ll find South Albury there. South Albury is home to my work, and a place called BBB where I get my coffee. It used to be a Pizza Hut. It’s located in Wodonga Place.

North of South Albury is Albury. Home of the Joss Moneybags Albury Tigers. They have won many premierships - and the Albury Sportsground is basically the oldest ground in Albury. History n ■■■■ ya dig?

North of Albury is North Albury. Home of the Hoppers, coached by Aker. North Albury is basically bisected by Mate Street.

West of North Albury is Glenroy - the ghetto if you will. I dated a girl from there and a friend was carjacked in his Skyline there.

South of Glenroy is West Albury. It’s nice if you’re right out west. I can’t describe the rest of West Albury without being accused of being racist.

North of North Albury is Lavington, commonly referred to as Stabbington. It is a scary place, there are many teen mums, and there is a Big W.

North west of North Albury is what has now been defined as Hamilton Valley. Those people think they’re not from Lavington, but they are. That’s where the Lavington Sports Ground is. You remember the LSG - it’s where Zimbabwe beat the Poms in the 92 World Cup, and where Essendon and Richmond cancelled a pre-season game because the ground was wet.

North of Lavington is Springdale Heights - where my wife works. It’s hard to describe Springdale Heights, but they’re Aker’s sort of people, and not too dissimilar to the non-nice part of West Albury.

Finally - east of Springdale Heights is Thurgoona. They have a beautiful golf course, but nobody else is real sure what goes on up there.

And they are all northeast of Wangaratta airport (as the charter plane flies).

Seriously?

Bagged

Homophobic

Gold posts like this are making the chances of my fark up going undetected rather slim…

Car jacked for his Skyline? Damn

better get of you’re high horse then

better get of you’re high horse then

It’s ‘off’, actually.

oh come on deckham its a theme gag, run with it.

oh come on deckham its a theme gag, run with it.

Oh.
I see.
I thought I was supposed to be playing the ‘high-horse, obnoxious, grammar-Nazi’ role.