Akermanis at Essendon?

Brem06, you forgot to mention the fields of Xavier High School, Fallon St, Albury: home of oh so many national boomerang championships.

I love Albury’s (lack of) wind.

And a road of a cricket pitch.

Seriously?

Bagged
Jim Stynes, Adam Goodes, James Hird (from memory)

Accused someone of taking PEDS because he couldn’t keep up with them.

Homophobic

Got sacked twice, in part, for leaking sensitive team information.

Got suspended for cyber bullying an umpire.

Sounds like the last bloke we want at the club, least of the AFL rubber stamping the deal. (Unless this is hush money for the PEDS and match fixing at Brisbane…)

Yeah but North Albury tho

Isnt North Albury Wodonga?

I’ve never minded Aker (except for the Doggies game, which is his major issue here) He was a farking gun of a footballer and in the top 10 (maybe top 20 if i get a grip) I’ve seen.

He could walk the talk. Handy asset to have to deploy under a tight leash.

A quick run down of Albury/Wodonga for you Dodga because it’s late and I’m wide awake.

Wodonga is in Victoria, also known as God’s Country.

North of Wodonga is the Murray River. Also known as the border.

North of the border is NSW. You’ll find South Albury there. South Albury is home to my work, and a place called BBB where I get my coffee. It used to be a Pizza Hut. It’s located in Wodonga Place.

North of South Albury is Albury. Home of the Joss Moneybags Albury Tigers. They have won many premierships - and the Albury Sportsground is basically the oldest ground in Albury. History n ■■■■ ya dig?

North of Albury is North Albury. Home of the Hoppers, coached by Aker. North Albury is basically bisected by Mate Street.

West of North Albury is Glenroy - the ghetto if you will. I dated a girl from there and a friend was carjacked in his Skyline there.

South of Glenroy is West Albury. It’s nice if you’re right out west. I can’t describe the rest of West Albury without being accused of being racist.

North of North Albury is Lavington, commonly referred to as Stabbington. It is a scary place, there are many teen mums, and there is a Big W.

North west of North Albury is what has now been defined as Hamilton Valley. Those people think they’re not from Lavington, but they are. That’s where the Lavington Sports Ground is. You remember the LSG - it’s where Zimbabwe beat the Poms in the 92 World Cup, and where Essendon and Richmond cancelled a pre-season game because the ground was wet.

North of Lavington is Springdale Heights - where my wife works. It’s hard to describe Springdale Heights, but they’re Aker’s sort of people, and not too dissimilar to the non-nice part of West Albury.

Finally - east of Springdale Heights is Thurgoona. They have a beautiful golf course, but nobody else is real sure what goes on up there.

In 2007 Little Johnny opened a major arterial road called an “internal freeway” or Albury Bypass. What this did is dissect Albury with a 6 lane freeway and put part of Albury all by itself - it’s called East Albury. It’s a forgotten, downtrodden part of Albury and I can excuse Brem 06 for not mentioning EA as it can be embarrassing, especially if you live here.

However back to Aker, North Albury has done OK without setting the world on fire but he is a divisive individual and is tied up with Ezy Bonds, a former sponsor of Footscray. Talk to your Footscray mates, they may have a story to tell.

I don’t even think there is a McDonalds on the Albury Bypass… isn’t that essential for avoiding regional towns?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously?

Bagged
Jim Stynes, Adam Goodes, James Hird (from memory)

Accused someone of taking PEDS because he couldn’t keep up with them.

Homophobic

Got sacked twice, in part, for leaking sensitive team information.

Got suspended for cyber bullying an umpire.

Sounds like the last bloke we want at the club, least of the AFL rubber stamping the deal. (Unless this is hush money for the PEDS and match fixing at Brisbane…)

Yeah but North Albury tho

Isnt North Albury Wodonga?

I’ve never minded Aker (except for the Doggies game, which is his major issue here) He was a farking gun of a footballer and in the top 10 (maybe top 20 if i get a grip) I’ve seen.

He could walk the talk. Handy asset to have to deploy under a tight leash.

A quick run down of Albury/Wodonga for you Dodga because it’s late and I’m wide awake.

Wodonga is in Victoria, also known as God’s Country.

North of Wodonga is the Murray River. Also known as the border.

North of the border is NSW. You’ll find South Albury there. South Albury is home to my work, and a place called BBB where I get my coffee. It used to be a Pizza Hut. It’s located in Wodonga Place.

North of South Albury is Albury. Home of the Joss Moneybags Albury Tigers. They have won many premierships - and the Albury Sportsground is basically the oldest ground in Albury. History n ■■■■ ya dig?

North of Albury is North Albury. Home of the Hoppers, coached by Aker. North Albury is basically bisected by Mate Street.

West of North Albury is Glenroy - the ghetto if you will. I dated a girl from there and a friend was carjacked in his Skyline there.

South of Glenroy is West Albury. It’s nice if you’re right out west. I can’t describe the rest of West Albury without being accused of being racist.

North of North Albury is Lavington, commonly referred to as Stabbington. It is a scary place, there are many teen mums, and there is a Big W.

North west of North Albury is what has now been defined as Hamilton Valley. Those people think they’re not from Lavington, but they are. That’s where the Lavington Sports Ground is. You remember the LSG - it’s where Zimbabwe beat the Poms in the 92 World Cup, and where Essendon and Richmond cancelled a pre-season game because the ground was wet.

North of Lavington is Springdale Heights - where my wife works. It’s hard to describe Springdale Heights, but they’re Aker’s sort of people, and not too dissimilar to the non-nice part of West Albury.

Finally - east of Springdale Heights is Thurgoona. They have a beautiful golf course, but nobody else is real sure what goes on up there.

In 2007 Little Johnny opened a major arterial road called an “internal freeway” or Albury Bypass. What this did is dissect Albury with a 6 lane freeway and put part of Albury all by itself - it’s called East Albury. It’s a forgotten, downtrodden part of Albury and I can excuse Brem 06 for not mentioning EA as it can be embarrassing, especially if you live here.

However back to Aker, North Albury has done OK without setting the world on fire but he is a divisive individual and is tied up with Ezy Bonds, a former sponsor of Footscray. Talk to your Footscray mates, they may have a story to tell.

■■■ I forgot East Albury…

East Albury is actually a very nice part of Albury - there is a Harvey Norman, the airport is out there, you can go for a swim or torch a vehicle at Mungabareena Reserve/Waterworks, Albury Base Hospital (and soon to be Cancer Clinic), Borella Road Seafood, Major League Indoor Sports, a PCYC, and of course the rolling hills of Schubach Street - home of Rita’s Kitchen which makes a great coffee, and truly fantastic sausage rolls and sliders. East Albury is also home to 727 Drome Street…

That’s all, I promise.

BLITZ ROAD TRIP!!

The Windsor Park motor inn, Young St. Stayed there once when I was doing a residential at Charles Sturt Uni. Was everything you expect from a budget motel and more. One of the best burgers I’ve ever had at the bar though.

was that a cheap hotel euphemism there howmanygoal

Ha ha. No such luck.

furburger?

If I say one more word I reneg on my new philosophy.
Struggling…to…contain…myself pant

If you’re in Albury, I’d recommend cooking a Pizza in the community wood fired oven at Noreuil Park and then heading up to the monument for a couple of tinnies while the sun sets over Dean St strip.

If you're in Albury, I'd recommend cooking a Pizza in the community wood fired oven at Noreuil Park and then heading up to the monument for a couple of tinnies while the sun sets over Dean St strip.

Romance in Albury

furburger?

Come on Deckham. They don’t have fur any more.

Do they still go down to ■■■■ to get defurred ?

Aker would be 'fantastic': Brown backs ex-teammate's coaching push

Michael Whiting
November 20, 2015 6:01 PM

JONATHAN Brown has thrown his support behind former teammate Jason Akermanis as the 2001 Brownlow medallist pushes to crack the AFL’s coaching ranks.

Akermanis, the outspoken Brisbane Lions triple-premiership player, interviewed for a development role with Essendon this week after three years coaching Victorian country team North Albury.

When asked how he thought Akermanis would go in the coaching ranks, Brown was full of support.

“He’ll be great, especially in the development role,” Brown said.

"He was always very big on skills and working on his skills. He’ll be a tremendous sounding board for young players.

"He’ll also be able to help with some of the exterior stuff of being an AFL footballer as well.

"I think he’d be a fantastic development coach.

“He’s worked really hard at North Albury the last couple of years. He’s got that outside perspective, and I think well done to him.”

Speaking last week about the possibility of coaching, Akermanis said his outlook had completely changed since finishing his distinguished playing career in 2010.

“My opinions and the way I go about things as a coach are completely the opposite to when I played,” he said.

“I’m a completely different person doing a completely different role.”

Quizzed on his own coaching ambitions, Brown said he was happy to continue liaising with the Lions despite an imminent move to Melbourne.

He said he was happy pursuing his career in the media for the time being.

“We plan on going to Melbourne for a couple of years and my heart will always be close to the Lions,” Brown said.

“I can’t see myself being involved full-time (in coaching) in the next few years, but time will tell.”

Browny was the one without who’s backing & recommendation, the Lions would never have taken Fev in.

As a judge of character, &/or recruitment consultant, … he was a very good full forward.

Nothing worse than having your ■■■■ deferred …

Browny was the one without who's backing & recommendation, the Lions would never have taken Fev in.

As a judge of character, &/or recruitment consultant, … he was a very good full forward.

Brown was a very good footballer, but is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Reckon we should ask Leigh Matthews what he thinks about this.

Nothing worse than having your ■■■■ deferred …

Especially if it means you’ve been placed in a queue.