Akermanis at Essendon?

My apologies if this has already been said but there’s no way Aker would fit in at Bomberland cause it’s all about Hird.

From a PR position it might be a master stroke , he was a cult hero for the kids at the Lions . The club knows it’s going to take a lot to get kids to want to follow our great club after all the crap that will be thrown in their faces because of the saga .
Saying that at first I thought this story was an April fools joke and couldn’t think of a worse appointment

Stabbington.

Browny was the one without who's backing & recommendation, the Lions would never have taken Fev in.

As a judge of character, &/or recruitment consultant, … he was a very good full forward.

“I don’t run on me face”
Sounds as though you have been jonboy.

Lavghanistan

Akerpoo-poo.

So, the media writes… that the EFC have shown no interest in Dustin Fletcher as a coach.

What is it, thanks for 17 seasons, …first Hird, now Fletcher.

Times, they are 'a changing!

So, the media writes............ that the EFC have shown no interest in Dustin Fletcher as a coach.

He didn’t want a coaching role. He wants to stay involved in the club but take a break from the football aide of things.
At least for now.

“The media”…can friggin’ blow me.
I’ll take my info from bg.

So, the media writes............ that the EFC have shown no interest in Dustin Fletcher as a coach.

He didn’t want a coaching role. He wants to stay involved in the club but take a break from the football aide of things.
At least for now.

Fletch: Chief Football Aide.

At least for now.

He basically just said in the article that he did.

The club are finally taking sentiment out of their decision making and are making decisions with the intent of bringing the club back to its ruthless, uncompromising best. Xavier is in control and the club seems better placed for it. Too many Essendon people has done the club no favours.

Found out a bit more about old mate Aker on the weekend. Wouldn’t let a couple of kids play cricket and told them footy had to come first if they wanted to play senior footy.

NACC and NAFC haven’t always got along, but under Aker it’s got worse according to a couple of the cricketers on the weekend. Fair to say they’re not enamored with him or his relationship building skills…

At least for now.

He basically just said in the article that he did.

Yep. Has changed his mind it would seem. People do.
And if that’s the case, I wouldn’t mind him at Essendon, but it’s not my call.
I’ll live with what the club/Worsfold decides.
After all, it’s a business not a charity.
And it makes me laugh the number of people who ■■■■■ about a “boys club/jobs for the boys” and then tear their hair out that we don’t fall over ourselves to offer Fletch a gig posts haste.
That said. If he goes somewhere else to start his coaching ambitions, and proves to be good at it, I’d hope we’d do our best to lure him back home at some point.

Found out a bit more about old mate Aker on the weekend. Wouldn't let a couple of kids play cricket and told them footy had to come first if they wanted to play senior footy.

NACC and NAFC haven’t always got along, but under Aker it’s got worse according to a couple of the cricketers on the weekend. Fair to say they’re not enamored with him or his relationship building skills…

Brem I reckon you should go and talk to the NA Bowls Club/NA Sports Club…they would give you a fair indication of the state of play between the relevant sporting bodies and the footy club.

Hes a bit of an ego attention media seeker, That’s the only bit that worries me. Im sure he’s OK with the footy stuff and nothing breeds success like success. He knows what it takes, som from that side he’d be very good

Found out a bit more about old mate Aker on the weekend. Wouldn't let a couple of kids play cricket and told them footy had to come first if they wanted to play senior footy.

Brem I reckon you should go and talk to the NA Bowls Club/NA Sports Club…they would give you a fair indication of the state of play between the relevant sporting bodies and the footy club.

Is it as bad as I’ve heard or am I being fed pork pies by their cricketers? I only really hear the scuttlebutt from them once or twice a summer over a beer or two at stumps. They never paint a rosy picture.

Dave, you need to lay off the mangoes up there.

That's hardly a new thing? Pretty standard once footy hits a certain level. Final decision is up to the players, but generally, if the footy's paying them and cricket's not, the footy wins out.
Hes a bit of an ego attention media seeker, That's the only bit that worries me. Im sure he's OK with the footy stuff and nothing breeds success like success. He knows what it takes, som from that side he'd be very good
Like Voss or Leppitsch (or Gary Buckenara or Ken Judge) have amply proven.