Akermanis at Essendon?

So…
This seems to have been another attempt at click bait / trolling of Essendon fans.
And it seemed to have worked.

After the last three years you’d think we’d have learnt by now…

So.... This seems to have been another attempt at click bait / trolling of Essendon fans. And it seemed to have worked.

There is to be interviews formally for the role next week.

He is a genuine Harmichael …

Be a good replacement for Leroy Jetta, will now be the best small forward at our footy club.

Take the #5 off Stanton and give it to Aker…

What's Mark Jacko Jackson doing these days?
Last time I saw him was when he was on tour with Chopper Read telling stories about his life as a footballer. The punch line to every joke he told ended in "...and then I smashed him!". Seriously.

you can’t be serious

Yahoo Serious

let’s bring Wayne Carey and Nathan Brown back while we are at it… get all the douche bags in one place

I’d rather my parachute didn’t open.

I'd rather my parachute didn't open.

You could always not wear one. Eliminates the risk that it will.

Lets just making him the head of public relations for good measure.

So.... This seems to have been another attempt at click bait / trolling of Essendon fans. And it seemed to have worked.

to be fair, didn’t the media run with Woosha and Mckenna have the essendon jobs lined up well before the “process” was done ?

Nine News Melbourne ‏@9NewsMelb 4h4 hours ago

.@EssendonFC has played down any possible employment after it emerged Jason Akermanis was a potential coaching option. #9News

My take from that is that it's locked in.

I want him. Full-fkn-banana mode and everything.

I hope we called Albury beforehand and asked permission though.

This has got to be an April fools joke surely

If he’s given the nod by Woosha … its a very worrying sign.

He declared his intentions via the media, and that if given the chance he’d change.

Oh the irony.

Akermanis? Development coach? The only thing he can help develop is an ego.

And we already have an ego. He’s our VFL coach.

We do need a handstand coach to be honest!

Article in Border Mail.

Jason “Just for Men” Akermanis ponders his next move in the box, but the kid is bored stiff. ****

North Albury coach Jason Akermanis to meet Essendon next week By BRETT KOHLHAGEN Nov. 11, 2015, 10:56 a.m

NORTH Albury coach Jason Akermanis will know within the next fortnight if he has secured a development role with Essendon.

Akermanis will meet with the Bombers next Wednesday as he pursues his dream of breaking into AFL coaching ranks.

“It was always the plan (AFL) if I liked coaching,” Akermanis said.

“We have helped lift North out of the mire and got them back on track

“I have always told Mark (Cronin) and the assistant coaches and the board when I met with them what we had planned.

“There have been no surprises.

“Obviously the boys and Mark don’t want me to go but they realise it’s a matter of time whether it’s this year or next year that I’ll be moving up to the AFL.”

Essendon appointed John Worsfold’s premiership teammate Guy McKenna as an assistant coach last week.

His signing and the potential move of Akermanis has been delayed with the Bombers wanting to follow a strict process given their recent troubles.

“I hope to know by next Friday,” he said.

“I have to move house anyway so I will move around the corner or go back to Melbourne.”

The Brownlow medallist said he was optimistic about his chances of joining Essendon.

“There is no doubt I’m the best qualified with everything I have done,” he said.

“I don’t just have three years of coaching, I have teaching components as well.”

**** Thats my take on it.

Pole smoker