Alex Browne

Great news.
Has a bit of the Jimmy Hird's about the start to his career... Hopefully he has a similar career...

Not really. Hird won a Brownlow and Premiership Medal before being crippled with injuries. Alex played some average games in the ones.
Happy for him, would suck being injured and having no contract hanging over your head too.

He's probably talking about the reco and other problems Hird had in the U19's, but yeah, the link is pretty tenuous.

Club made the right decision. 1 year, to focus on rehab. Then try and get in best 22 for hirdy.

Awesome.....he will make it.

Great decision by the club. Especially when you consider he knocked back a 2 year deal from at least 2 clubs last year and settled for a 1 year deal at Essendon in order to try and cement his spot. 

Great decision by the club. Especially when you consider he knocked back a 2 year deal from at least 2 clubs last year and settled for a 1 year deal at Essendon in order to try and cement his spot.

It is great to see that loyalty still somewhat exist in today's game.
Oh and... MASS EXODUS

Remember seeing the pics of him at the pointy end of the time trials in preseason, had him in my best 22 and genuinely thought this was his year…

Great to see the club stick by him and I’m sure he will repay the faith in the coming years.

really? when did that come out - and which clubs?

really? when did that come out - and which clubs?

Bulldogs and Eagles offered him 2 years and more cash but he wanted to stick with us.

Imo our most talanted younger fringe player. He’ll make it. Cant wait to see him tear it up

I must be odd one out - decided about 12 months ago that he wasn’t quite up to it.

I would have recommended a move back to the rookie list, which I guess could still happen.

Forgot this guy existed, anyone know how he's tracking in rehab?

Pretty sure the club gave him some leave and he's overseas at the moment. 

Will most likely return in the coming weeks and train all the way through to preseason.

Will most likely return in the coming weeks and train all the way through to preseason.

Paris?

Saw him at Coburg VFL game a couple of weeks ago.

Was looking pretty worse for wear. Had a serious hobble.

ALOT of paraphernalia wrapped around his knee.

Would be pretty surprised if he was O.S. just yet.

He definitely posted a photo on Instagram 4-5 weeks ago from the USA.

Would've been pretty much on crutches, unless he has had a secondary surgery when he returned?

he looked very, very sore.

Ask DJR, who also saw him there...

After the Melbourne game, he was standing outside with his parents. With crutches.

Wished him a speedy recovery :slight_smile:

Would've been pretty much on crutches, unless he has had a secondary surgery when he returned?

Walked veeeery slowly over to the outer wing, where Dodoro abandoned his chair for him.

Walked veeeery slowly over to the outer wing, where Dodoro abandoned his chair for him.

If he's limping and walking badly this far after the initial op, then he must have had complications and/or secondary surgery for some reason.
Seems strange

Spoke to him at said Coburg game

apparently cleaned out the injured knee that week hence the crutches/limping/paraphernalia.

Get the feeling he is one of the most liked guys on our list how highly they speak of him (when I have inquired about Alex in previous weeks).