All Things Podcast

Based on the Serial recap, it didn't sound like Asia was convincing at all. The prosecution methodically took her apart. It basically sounds straight up like she had the wrong day. (Something most witnesses seemed to suffer)

And yeah, how unlucky is Adnan to lend his car and phone to the very person who ended up setting him up, and then later gets stoned with him, on the very day his ex girlfriend gets murdered?

Anyway… Agree to disagree. I think he did it.

That is again if you agree with the timeline the police rolled out. There is more evidence against that timeline now that there is for it. It does look like the police created a story and a narrative to fit a timeline around the cell phone records. A good lawyer would have pulled all that to pieces but he didnt have a good lawyer. I am not saying he is innocent. Just believe he was not guilty. I couldnt say he did it.

Based on the Serial recap, it didn't sound like Asia was convincing at all. The prosecution methodically took her apart. It basically sounds straight up like she had the wrong day. (Something most witnesses seemed to suffer)

And yeah, how unlucky is Adnan to lend his car and phone to the very person who ended up setting him up, and then later gets stoned with him, on the very day his ex girlfriend gets murdered?

That is again if you agree with the timeline the police rolled out. There is more evidence against that timeline now that there is for it. It does look like the police created a story and a narrative to fit a timeline around the cell phone records. A good lawyer would have pulled all that to pieces but he didnt have a good lawyer. I am not saying he is innocent. Just believe he was not guilty. I couldnt say he did it.

So he didn’t lend him the car and phone, and didn’t get stoned with him later on?

So he didn’t lend him the car and phone, and didn’t get stoned with him later on?

Absolutely did… But that timeline has been inconsistent and altered several times. Also question marks about when she died.

Absolutely did… But that timeline has been inconsistent and altered several times. Also question marks about when she died.

As in, what time she died, or what day she died?

Both. Time certainly.

Both. Time certainly.

Hmm, interesting. I knew the time was suspect, but the day? That certainly adds to the mystery

I am not as far down the rabbit hole as some but there are some who believe she may have been alive up to a week

I am not as far down the rabbit hole as some but there are some who believe she may have been alive up to a week

So where was she?

And who are the ‘some’ who believe this?

I dunno… If this conversation keeps going I’m gonna start digging into this again, and I swore off it some time ago!

I’m really enjoying your debate, maybe you two should do a podcast!

So where was she?

And who are the ‘some’ who believe this?

I dunno… If this conversation keeps going I’m gonna start digging into this again, and I swore off it some time ago!

certainly it’s tricky to see how she was buried (proper) on the night of the 13th, with the time of disappearance, lividity stuff and snowstorm. Could happen but doesn’t leave much time for it all to happen.

Perhaps killed and body dumped, then re-buried deeper later on.

Cops’ first story didn’t have a mobile in it, FWIW. They pinned him before they even knew he had a mobile, it was all but immaterial to their case.

The whole case is a mess. It’s the exact reason the first season of Serial was so good. The story the police used to convict Adnan just doesn’t stand up to serious investigation and leaves so many questions. Doesn’t make him innocent. Just didn’t happen the way they said it did.

The whole case is a mess. It's the exact reason the first season of Serial was so good. The story the police used to convict Adnan just doesn't stand up to serious investigation and leaves so many questions. Doesn't make him innocent. Just didn't happen the way they said it did.

Yep, I’m with you all on that. They thought he did it, and they twisted evidence and witnesses all over the shop to make sure they got the conviction.

But yeah, doesn’t mean he is innocent.

HAP, you’ve gone further than me on this (I got started on Undisclosed, but I just flat out got sick of it all). Saving me doing the research myself, has anything further come up about these two things:

• The tip-off call to the cops to look into Adnan. Is it assumed this never happened?
  • (I’m stretching memory here) Him writing 'I will kill" on the breakup note from her? Is that still legit?

I was listening to undisclosed but just wasnt balanced enough (balanced at all). Even if Serial was biased, I still felt like they gave me enough of both sides.

And when is the judge handing down his finding?

The whole case is a mess. It's the exact reason the first season of Serial was so good. The story the police used to convict Adnan just doesn't stand up to serious investigation and leaves so many questions. Doesn't make him innocent. Just didn't happen the way they said it did.

Yep, I’m with you all on that. They thought he did it, and they twisted evidence and witnesses all over the shop to make sure they got the conviction.

But yeah, doesn’t mean he is innocent.

HAP, you’ve gone further than me on this (I got started on Undisclosed, but I just flat out got sick of it all). Saving me doing the research myself, has anything further come up about these two things:

• The tip-off call to the cops to look into Adnan. Is it assumed this never happened?
  • (I’m stretching memory here) Him writing 'I will kill" on the breakup note from her? Is that still legit?
The tip-off call to Adnan probably happened, in some form but just as likely a week or so earlier than stated. Other than not having a body by Feb 1 (when crimestoppers actually got a call) and having one by Feb 12 (when they said they got a call... no-body can find a record of a call in the crimestoppers records). There's a reasonable chance it was Jay as he talked to cops at one point (why on earth else would that come into a missing persons/murder enquiry?) about a motorbike he wanted to buy, the cops had in their records a note of a motorbike for sale, and, in an earlier interview, Jay requested the tape stopped at one point when they asked if he wanted any consideration for his... help. As it's anonymous, crimestoppers doesn't have to be disclosed, but if the cops know their prime witness is getting $3k for their... 'help'...

Yeah undisclosed is reasonably biased… it was started by his family friend Rabia… but a couple of the facts they’ve turned up, and most of the expert witnesses they’ve talked to stand pretty much alone. Some very, very awkward questions for the Baltimore cops, forensic experts & prosecutors.

And when is the judge handing down his finding?
Expected soon.

Like the bit about the AT&T cover letter*. ■■■■ me. Horrendous that someone’s entire life could hinge on the prosecution ignoring it and a defence attorney (or her office) missing it completely. Was in the prosecution’s notes. Was in the defence’s notes. In the notes that Serial got & undisclosed got, that you can download yourself. And it appears the first time anyone actually read the cover sheet was about the 10th episode of Undisclosed.

Literally if Adnan was a year older he’d be dead by now, and it would just about hinge on some pinged-up lawyer ■■■■■■■ up their job.

*Briefly… when the cops requested the phone records for Adnan, the first page of the fax was a big notice that says “INCOMING CALL RECORDS CANNOT BE USED FOR LOCATION DATA AT ALL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES”. A later case had cell tower evidence thrown out 'cos a guy in Delaware get an incoming call routed through a tower in Hawaii… it’s rubbish.

Is actually frightening. Still have very little faith the hearing will go his way

The next Dan Carlin is down. Sequel to King of Kings, some early middle-eastern kingdoms. I struggled to get interested in the first episode.