And now for something completely different

An American woman who identifies as a member of a parody religion has won the right to wear a colander in her driver’s licence photo.

Massachusetts resident Lindsay Miller, a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, had previously been told she could not wear the pasta strainer in her licence photo by her state’s Registry of Motor Vehicles, CBS Boston reported.

The RMV does not allow people to wear hat or head coverings, except for medical or religious regions, according to its website.

Screw relig… oh no this one’s actually funny

Don’t they refer to themselves as pastafarians?

Don't they refer to themselves as pastafarians?

Yep

She’s been touched by his noodley appendage, and is looking forward to the river of beer in the afterlife.

Looking forward to the commentary which calls this sacrilege in one sentence then calls for a burqa ban in the next.

R’Amen!

I blame Israel, religion and translation errors.

That made the news.

That made the news.

Funny news story, why wouldn’t it? Bit of light-hearted amusement amidst some terrible stuff.

That made the news.

Funny news story, why wouldn’t it? Bit of light-hearted amusement amidst some terrible stuff.

come on mate Ronda Rousey losing her fight wasn’t that terrible :slight_smile:

probably not unlike the birth of others religions.

Been a few pastafarians stunts this past year.

Best religious troll of the year would have to go to Church of Satan over the right to erect religious monuments on government property in the US.

or some political parties… I’m pretty sure that’s how the greens got started.

That made the news.

come on mate Ronda Rousey losing her fight wasn’t that terrible :slight_smile:

Actually that was a good news story…I cannot stand that person.

Know her well, do you?

Know her well, do you?

Not sure someone that gloats about beating their significant other in an autobiography then once catching flak for it repeats lawyer pantomime is a person worth knowing.

Know her well, do you?

media person who spends far too much time mouthing off, I have a dislike of that type

Know her well, do you?

media person who spends far too much time mouthing off, I have a dislike of that type

Part of the ‘fight’ hype - they all do it for the $$$s.