Andrew Gaff - RFA

He’s 25.

Being carefully managed and training stuff all at times helps. Still some huge concerns over his foot and Marvel stadium won’t help.

Great decision, rubbish North. Lolz club.

Now a technical question, with the minimum amount of the salary cap that has to be spent and whatever North has done to save all their coins for the Kelly & Gaff offers what will happen if they dont end up being able to spend that cash? They have to pay Brown 2 mill in one hit?

Haha, yeah that reads wrong. I meant by the time a player has been in the system as long as that getting them to remove bad habits is very hard. People often seem to think that unlike something like foot skills, application based problems will just be sorted out at a new club under a new coach, in my experience it doesn’t work like that (which isn’t to say it never happens).

If I saw Jarryd Polec walking down the street one night with a giant neon “this is Jarryd Polec” sign hovering over him I still wouldn’t know who he is.
In fact does he actually exist? have north put enough work into him to find out?
Could potentially be embarrassing for both parties. Or just north if he’s pretend.

1 Like

The surprise by his own teammates at Gaff staying tells you what a shock it is. They had him as gone, and there wouldn’t have been any ill will towards him. I’d have loved it if we got him but fair play, a massive show of loyalty to turn down that level of cash…

3 Likes

So they were preparing for life after Gaff by targeting Kelly. Now they have both. Eagles winning trade period so far if they get Kelly.

No way can they afford both

1 Like

What was Lycett on? Couldn’t be any more than $550K you’d think. That should be enough space to get Kelly in…

1 Like

Doubt that much, and I reckon a fair whack of lycett’s salary is tied up in gaff’s new paper

Gaff’s salary probably went from $600K to about $800-$850K a season. I still think they can make it work financially. The biggest issue now is getting a deal done with Geelong. They get Pick 19/20 (once the Lynch FA compo Pick is allocated to GC) but that alone wouldn’t be enough…

Close thread.

Was 6yrs @ $850k apparently from WC

And that was before Lycett left

Norf and their big fish. I only wish I could put a Norf guernsey on the bloke and a Eagle guernsey on the seal :rofl:

37 Likes

@Bomb_Doe

2 Likes

@Bomb_Doe

Get to work!

Also put the pelican in a north jersey if you can! Ha!

1 Like

Ok, if you’re not gonna close the thread, at least change the thread title to something amusing like “GAGF to North”

3 Likes

The Port guy who looks like Skeletot

1 Like

2290 posts a complete and utter waste of time and hope.

You just know the norf supporter will boo him when they play in melbourne next time round.

4 Likes