Andrew Gaff - RFA

5 Likes

Will get 8 weeks and some community service for that. Absolute brain snap. You cant go around doing that sort of thing.

That doesnā€™t mean plenty of others donā€™t

gaff%20punishment

34 Likes

I have no doubt he was trying to round arm punch in in the arm. Bradshaw was lower than expected. The still deserves a weighty penalty. S

Separate issue, this incessant punching players do , punching chest or arms and the odd jumper or gut punch. Itā€™s gotta stop. Itā€™s a terrible look and I bet kids at junior level do the same. Something like this was always a possibility. Stupid umpires largely ignore this multiple times every game. They are more focused on paying silly little prior disposal rubbish rules instead. They need to really stamp this out

5 Likes

I liked Omera better in starship troopers

1 Like

Just wanted to add to this, when players run down tackle opponents and are awarded a holding the ball free kick. Then think itā€™s there right to push the opposition player in the face and generally do what ever they want to them short of a close fisted punch. I just think itā€™s a bad look and the umpires should reverse the free.

2 Likes

Gaff very unlucky that that flog Michael Christian didnā€™t just impose a $2,000 fine!

3 Likes

Yep as a fan, we like to see our players give them ā– ā– ā– ā–  but it is a terrible look

1 Like

I agree. I think that if we was considering staying before the game, he is considering going now. Bigger town in Melbourne and he can get lost in this city. He will have real or perceived trouble is Perth, so it just maybe safer to head over here.

Yes, of course.

Brayshaw took it on the chin.

Wait for the latest Martin fend off.
Those are always high but if a players with enuff guts ran at him and Martin uses his fend off at the same timeā€¦curtains!

I doubt his safety is at risk.

And if north have offered a 7-year deal then history suggests Gaff is not going anywhere

5 Likes

Iā€™m revising my estimate from 7-8 weeks up to 8-10 weeks based on seeing it a couple more times.
Iā€™m still not convinced he actually meant it, but you canā€™t condone that sort of ā– ā– ā– ā– .

They will give him enough to make sure that he misses the GF if the eagles were to somehow make it. He will get 7 or 8

Still want!

1 Like

The afl should start turning a blind eye to clubs doing under the table cash payments to players tempted by the north war chest.
This way players can avoid the potentially disastrous misadventure of joining north, keep equal renumerstion and allow the football world to take the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of them ongoing.
War chest.

1 Like

Funny thing is I donā€™t really notice it when our players do it.

I still canā€™t understand how he managed to bust his jaw and knock teeth out with that action

It looks like a fairly crude roundhouse aimed slightly downwards rather than upwards which would indicate he wasnā€™t aiming for the face, rather the chest

Gaff doesnā€™t seem to put any serious momentum behind it, he swivels the knee a bit but there is no windup and heā€™s clearly not putting everything behind it. Itā€™s more of an arm action than a full body action

Brayshaw is also rocking away from the contact, if anything he should be taking a bit off the punch.

Contrast his action with Barry Hallā€™s who pirhouetted and put all his momentum behind the staker hit. That looked like it had serious intent and maximum power. However Brayshaw seemingly came off worse than staker.

With that sort of power Gaff should seriously consider a career in the ring

1 Like