Andrew Gaff - RFA

Well mine, obviously

Should’ve just got their bouncer… I mean Integrity Officer… to chaperone him

If that same blow was caught on camera outside a footy ground, …??

Does make you wonder these days, how or why, it shouldn’t be treated just the same really.

1 Like

I do laugh at the official AFL line, should go to the tribunal because it can be handled there. What the tribunal can send someone to jail and order them to pay thousands of dollars of compensation?

Should the AFL come down harshly on deliberate punches regardless of where or if it landed? YES

Should the DPP get involved? HELL NO (and I think all players would agree to this)

2 Likes

Bruns wants 12 months. LOL what a flog

People want the police to get involved. Get a grip

He will get a big suspension at the tribunal, his reputation has been shot to bits. Will probably hear about it for the rest of his career

He will get some form of payback next time he plays against Fremantle

Move on FFS

4 Likes

There are a lot of actions on the football field that aren’t within the rules, and would - if performed outside of a sporting context - be illegal.

Aaron Francis’ ‘bump’ was deemed outside the laws of the game, if he performed the same action on Jaeger as he walked down Chapel St it would be deemed as assault.

2 Likes

Where do you draw the line though?
There are lots of things done on a football field that are simply unacceptable in the real world. Would you like to see it apply to everything across the board or just to hits like Gaffs?

3 Likes

Wonder how Gaff’s relationship with Hamish Brayshaw is?

Of course the players would agree with this. It isn’t in their interests to disagree.

Hits, sexual targeting (ie squirrel grips) and racially or sexually oriented abuse should qualify.

There is a degree of consent in taking part in the contest. A king hit is a king hit. There is a difference.

2 Likes

Let him go to the tribunal, cop his penalty and hope the kid makes a speedy recovery.

No to the red card. Make" jumper punches" a suspend-able offence.

13 Likes

Yes but again where do you draw the line?
Only king hits or things like Cameron’s aswell?

A few like Gaffs have already gone through the courts at lower leagues. The injury in this case takes it out of assault to GBH as such the only proof needed is the contact was unlawful and the injury meets the required standard.

They’ve had 33 years to interview Bruns. They milked that interview all damn day. Shirts me the way they trotted it out all day. And Faark Bruns too.

2 Likes

Hopefully Gaff will have time to tour the Hanger whilst in town.

10 Likes

Agreed. Not to mention a highly physical environment with mental and emotional tolls through antagonistic actions, annoyances, provocations in the desperate act of trying to win. It can’t be transferred to the real world accurately.

How many years would Lloyd have had to spend in prison for his hit on Sewell??

2 Likes

I wish people would stop calling it a king hit. Also trying to analyse the punch from the ridiculous across the field footage is stupid. Clearly was a good connection. He broke his jaw and crushed four of his teeth.

4 Likes