Andrew Gaff - RFA

Unders.

It’s all physics

A roundhouse swing creates a lot of momentum and doesn’t need the full force of someone’s weight and muscle strength behind it to create a high level of force when it impacts

Even if Brashaws momentum away was actually meaningful compared to the swing of the fist, it wouldn’t matter anyway. It doesn’t reduce the force of the hit, it just accelerates his already existing movement.

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1026762055242543104

1 Like

8 weeks…hmmmmmm, sounds like he will miss the first 3 or so in the red and black next year.

3 Likes

About right imo.

1 Like

Interesting.
Does this incident make Gaff more or less likely to stay?

On one hand you could argue he would feel that he owe WC now.

Or,he realizes more than ever that its important hes within arms length of his family back in Vic.

1 Like

I still can’t believe Halls was 10 down to 7 with a guilty plea

2 Likes

The injury seems to be the determinant of the length of suspension. Jordan Lewis got 3 weeks ( including 1 week for bad record) for a deliberate off the ball hit that resulted in a hairline fracture of Cripps’ jaw.
Lewis brushed off criticism and nothing more was said.

1 Like

Don’t think it would change a thing tbh

He would only have copped four weeks if he had combed his hair.

It’s a great point. Full force roundhouse punch. I never understood why he didn’t get 15-20.

That ruling is a continued problem for the league as it was manifestly inadequate and it’s now used as the baseline ‘psycho punch’ penalty by which all others are judged

3 Likes

And how could anyone plead not guilty to that punch? Especially a guy with his record.

From memory he broke his arm in that match as well. So he really only served a 4/5 week suspension, after recovery.

Is it confirmed that he knocked teeth out?

Pretty common to assume teeth are gone when it’s actually a broken jaw.

Anyway, 8 seems a bit heavy for my liking, should’ve been 6-7 tops.

1 Like

I believe 4 teeth were displaced. I’m no dentist but assume that is loosened but still in place thanks to the mouth guard.

They were bent back into his mouth. Have had to be bent back in place but are likely nerve dead and he will in a few years need implants

Can he play in our jlt games?

5 Likes

One way or the other, … he’ll be available for ANZAC Day.

That’s all that matters.

5 Likes

Found it interesting that woosha was one of his character references, obviously he still has a good relationship. Obviously he went on a quick detour to the hangar before his hearing today…get KEEEEN. BRING!

4 Likes

Will ch9 have a Footy Classified special lols

2 Likes

I’ll bet good money that the first player sent off incorrectly will be from EFC.

10 Likes