Andrew Gaff - RFA

History shows that “we” do accept that.

Please name any policeman who has been convicted with assaulting protestors.

4 Likes

Has anyone else ever been SUSPENDED for that?

Fixed.

They went hard on it last year, I remember Cotchin getting away with it. This year they have eased up on it, big mistake.

I’m unaware of the specifics of who pays (AFL, Insurance, Club) but Gaff should also receive a financial penalty, on top of any lost match payments. Which should then go into charities dealing with violence.

1 Like

Probably got a few last year, was Cotchin’s non-suspension a punch?

Threw an awesome jumper punch on I think Lachie Neale Was pretty much Bruce Lee’s 1inch punch. Got fined $1000 bucks cos it got graded careless lol instead of intentional

8 weeks in the right result.
Cotchin the love child would have got 2.

2 Likes

Yeah, Zac Merrett.

Goddard, Zaka, Merret.

1 Like

Andrew Gaff - Really Restricted Free Agent.

2 Likes

Here I am up in Dubbo, and picked that he would get 8 weeks, days ago.

Absolutely spot on.

#humble

10 Likes

Gaff meant it.

Load of bullshit to think otherwise.

He wasn’t thinking of the damage it would do, but he wanted to hurt the bloke and he hit him in the jaw.

You don’t accidentally hit someone in the head aiming for their chest.

All this bleating is because it’s his first offence and its an absolute doozy.

8 weeks is spot on.

Reckon more likely will be traded ala Plugger post Caven.

1 Like

Seeing that Gaff is now an AFL pariah, he may as well come in to bomberland where the abuse he cops will be mitigated by the abuse for the banned bombers, the love rat Stringer, Goddard … if only we still had the much maligned Stanton

7 Likes

This is a joke, this isn’t their job to argue this! He can’t possibly state with fact that he intended to strike him in the head. This sport is ■■■■■■, yet we want to introduce MORE rules.

Jeff Gleeson argued that Gaff had “looked at Brayshaw, squared himself and threw a punch” and that “he did indeed intend to strike Brayshaw in the head”.

“The strike was unrestrained in its execution, ferocious in its impact and grave in its consequence,” he said.

“It was a full-blooded punch.”

2 Likes

You’ve started your post with a false premise and built from it.

At best, a potentially false premise.

Strangely, I think the 8 week’s is about right and I reckon Gaff would too. His remorse was genuine. Didnt just seem genuine, it was obviously real.

I think he meant to hit him, just not square in the jaw.

4 Likes

And what facts did Gleeson produce to support that assertion?

Maybe you need to figure out what “anyone ELSE” means.

Let me rephrase this: has anyone from any club other than EFC ever been suspended for an innocuous “tummy punch”?

and he has every right to be.

Until next time…