Andrew mackie

Not a rumour of us trying to recruit him (thank God)

I saw the footage of him shoving a person in the crowd after they lost to GC.  I am wondering if there was any action taken by the league about that?  It looked bad in my opinion and there has been precedent in other comps around the world to fine and/or suspend.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it would have been helpful had he not played against us last round.

If you're concerned about the actual incident fair enough. 

If we a post game attempting to find players that possibly should have been suspended that we might not have lost, I don't know where we're at. Isn't the, "if Jobe had played" platitude a bit easier?

One of the luckiest players ever to play in 3 flags. Would love to see him mouth off, and someone just snap him in half. Such a douchebag.

Not a rumour of us trying to recruit him (thank God)

I saw the footage of him shoving a person in the crowd after they lost to GC.  I am wondering if there was any action taken by the league about that?  It looked bad in my opinion and there has been precedent in other comps around the world to fine and/or suspend.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it would have been helpful had he not played against us last round.

Not much to it.  The GC supporter was giving Caddy ■■■■■ and Mackie pushed him away in defence and said a couple of words to him.

Not anything to lose a week over.

In his book Matthew Lloyd names Andrew Mackie as the biggest mouth in the comp.

One of the luckiest players ever to play in 3 flags. Would love to see him mouth off, and someone just snap him in half. Such a douchebag.

Doesn't happen anymore, not even at local level
As recently as 05-06 in the suburbs if you had a mouth you better have game cos you were going to get clobbered every week

If it is the incident I am thinking about; the GC are trying to find the patron and punish him.  Which I couldn't believe.

Not much love for Mackie here. I've always rated him. Not that I want him at this stage of his career, but he does read the play beautifully. Didn't know he was such a mouth.

Mackie is one of my favourite non essendon players, and anyone who doesn’t rate him as a footballer is clueless, he’s a very goos rebounding defender

As for the incident, nothing in it.

Mackie is one of my favourite non essendon players, and anyone who doesn't rate him as a footballer is clueless, he's a very goos rebounding defender

He may be good at rebounding but he is rubbish in terms of actual defending one on one

Mackie is one of my favourite non essendon players, and anyone who doesn't rate him as a footballer is clueless, he's a very goos rebounding defender

He may be good at rebounding but he is rubbish in terms of actual defending one on one
No he's not. He continually beats guys much bigger than him. The bath he gave Gumby last year was embarrassing.
The guy is an absolute flog, but Fletcher aside, he's the best medium defender in the game.
Edit: he's beaten Buddy a few times too.

Really? I watch a lot of geelong games, as I like the cats. Regularly beats blokes who are taller than him 1 on 1

Did his part in a good defensive unit.  That's about all I can say for him.

Yes Mackie was / is a good defender for the Cats. He might have a mouth, but when they are winning some players are a bit lippy.

We have had a couple over the years. Remember Darren Bewick?

Really? I watch a lot of geelong games, as I like the cats. Regularly beats blokes who are taller than him 1 on 1

When their other talls are injured steps up and beats tru key forwards with ease.

Cannot believe people question his defensive side.

As dumb as people bagging fletch for never playing on big talls in his career.