ANNOUNCE FEWER OLYMPICS/PARALYMPICS/COMM GAMES

I love the ones who in particular slammed Essendon for years and years (and still do) yet are calling for calm and patience with Bol. :popcorn:

ā€œInnocent until proven guiltyā€ (with this B sample) - umm OKā€¦ :crazy_face:

Letā€™s see what humans are actually capable of :rofl:

1 Like

I have extremely low expectations when it comes to a majority of people in this country and even the mere mention of drugs in sport.

Hypocrites left, right and centre.

Iā€™m waiting for the Michael Rogers / Alberto Contador contaminated meat excuse.

2 Likes

Odds are heā€™s guilty, but the testing for EPO is not anywhere near as accurate as I thought it would be.

1 Like

Except that the contaminated meat excuse is actually real for some clenbuterol positives - Federations to safeguard their athletes will not allow them to eat meat when competing in some countries - Not that this has any relationship to the BOL EPO case.

Bring back Flo Jo

3 Likes

Aww he got caught. Bad luck, ā– ā– ā– ā–  coaches around him for it to be still in his system. Not like everyone else doesnā€™t do itā€¦.

So Iā€™ve done the math based on the results of this study and basically;
95% chance his positive is a true positive and heā€™s cooked.
If his secondary analysis is also positive thereā€™s a 100% chance itā€™s a true positive and heā€™s cooked.
If his secondary analysis is negative . . . Well he gets off but Iā€™m not sure how accurate that finding would be as the study doesnā€™t seem to report on it.

1 Like

My understanding was that country was mostly China - not sure there have been many international athletics meets there in the last couple of years.

South American (particularly Mexico) meat is notorious for it.

3 Likes

Mexico is North American :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Know i shouldnā€™t have edited it haha.
Had South American by itself then remembered that a bunch of +ve clen cases come out of Mexico a few years back that were (mostly) traced back to contaminated meat.

1 Like

I see Peter Larkins has chimed in. I am so triggered about PEDs and media reporting these days that if Larkins commented on Lance Armstrong Iā€™d be inclined to believe that Armstrong had been shafted by the media and WADAā€¦

5 Likes

Sparky I think

1 Like

Given the number of testing Bol has had this year 27 times, maybe he was showing higher levels and he was getting target tested. EPO naturally occuring as well.
Was chatting to a former Aus rower this morning and he said that one time he forgot to update Asada of his whereabouts and he got read the riot act.

It is funny, given Bol aussie first thought is hes innocent.
If it was a astana cyclist or someone from kenya in athletics would assume they were likely guilty.

2 Likes

Apparently it goes through the system quickly, so the -ve tests donā€™t mean much, but perhaps they were targeting?

There was mention of the biological passport as well, which measures variables over time.
I suppose that is useful for endogenous substances. Remember Ian Thorpe coming under suspicion for testosterone levels?

To be fair itā€™s just odd to have a track athlete with any sort of profile.

He might get stripped of the medal that he didnā€™t quite win.

EPO tests are targeted towards synthetic (exogenous) EPO molecules.

Bio passports are intended to pick up blood doping.

Arguing contamination is really his only defence. Apparently someone has successfully argued sabotage (someone wiped EPO containing gel on them, which absorbs through the skin) as the contamination route. But more likely, he did it.

2 Likes