ANNOUNCE FEWER OLYMPICS/PARALYMPICS/COMM GAMES

“Juice to the gills” :joy::joy::joy: Now that is leaving no room for anyone to get confused as to whether he is going to “juice”

1 Like

I would rather watched a juiced up games over the Olympics.
I just want to see the best of the best and couldn’t give two rats clackers if they are on the gear or not

3 Likes

I’d also prefer to watch an even where everyone is on a level playing field rather than the current where being from certain countries or having certain coaches carries a distinct advantage.

1 Like

Female synchronised simmers with meat and two veg will make you reconsider that position…

3 Likes

fk this will be funny when everyone’s hyped up to watch records get smashed in this thing and then the 100m is won in like 10.2

3 Likes

I’m excited for the roided up archery.

1 Like

That one won’t (primarily) be roids. It’ll be alcohol or other relaxants.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure there have been issues with beta blockers in things like pistol shooting.

1 Like

Yeah there has.
The funny skiing + shooting event in the Winter Olympics as well.

“Juicy McRoidrage shattered the world record in the deadlifting competition, successfully lifting 50kg more than the previous world record holder. His funeral is scheduled for Thursday”

3 Likes

It would be an interesting case study to see if former Olympic athletes, after years out of their chosen sport, can roid up and smash their PBs. It would show you the effect PEDs can have on athletic performance if that happens.

2 Likes

I’m with Simmo, some never was good enough guy taking home a million dollar cheque for a 10.2 hundred sounds more likely.

Will be interesting to see whether the sponsors support this.

Already cashing cheques by the looks of it.

I couldn’t see that happening.
Biology is far more important than PED use (ie effects of aging would more than offset whatever steroids they take) and half the records that currently exist were probably broken by athletes in their peak using.

1 Like

How many will be using TB4…

1 Like

I am interested in whether currently banned athletes will be able to participate in these games.

Don’t see why not?
WADA might end up bringing in a rule/clause that extends their ban though (happens a lot in powerlifting when someone in the IPF gets pinged then runs off to an untested fed - IPF will put a hold on the ban until they stop competing elsewhere).

French invited Tracey Holmes to do one of the Olympic Torch runs. She thought they had made a mistake, but no, they want her.
Seems she has more respect internationally than here.

2 Likes

A lot more respect internationally - Tracey does look at sport through the lens of political, social and cultural impacts on society. She’s one of the best journalists going around.

1 Like