ANNOUNCE FEWER OLYMPICS/PARALYMPICS/COMM GAMES

Absolutely. In my experience athletics can be very small, and very clique-y once it gets to the top group in Aus. Hopefully it’s less so these days, but when all the positions of power are filled with ex athletes you have to wonder…

(That said I enjoyed the vibe at Lakeside on the weekend)

2 Likes

Football Australia set to cash in on TV rights on the back of the Matildas.
Except for the Paris Olympics, where the IOC and French OC control the TV rights .between them

Following a ruling by World Athletics overnight, Australian Marathoner Liam Adams has been reinstated as a qualified athlete for Paris 2024 along with 4 other runners

2 Likes

Howman and Clothier are responsible for World Athletics integrity.

Good stuff. I’m pleased for him :ok_hand:

1 Like

Where is this reported? I haven’t found it reported anywhere?

1 Like

Anna Meares, Australia’s Chef de Mission , stated that it was up to individual athletes to decide whether to participate in Seine scheduled events.
So, the risk is down to the individual athlete, no liability on the part of the Mission or the AOC?

1 Like

great news

is a blues supporter though I think.

1 Like

Netflix tells me that the river is infested with giant sharks

“You’re gonna need a bigger baguette.”

1 Like

I saw that documentary too

No way on Earth would I swim in it.
It absolutely smelt disgusting still a few months ago and looked filthy

1 Like

The Opening Ceremony on the river is gonna be :fire:

3 Likes

Cette image a besoin de plus des singes mangeant du fromage pendant q’ils se rendant.

On manque de coq sportif.

The Mayor of Paris cancels her Seine swim. Apparently excess rainfall caused pollution. Some events for the Paras have been reduced to duathlons. There are contingency plans of some big underwater dam to replace polluted water.
Paris is also having problems with its eco friendly athletes village, designed to eliminate built in air conditioners. However, a number of teams , including Australia, have decided to bring their own, placing stress on, and emissions from, the electricity system. High performance athletes come first.

ANNOUNCE FUTURE MRS SCOTTY MELISSA WU SELECTED FOR 5TH OLYMPICS

5 Likes

I think @scotty21 s affections might be elsewhere

3 Likes

Has someone told the current Mrs Scotty about that?

4 Likes

Ariarne is a freak. Just went only 0.06 seconds shy of breaking her own world record in the 400m at the National Trials. Go the T¡t! :muscle: