ANNOUNCE FEWER OLYMPICS/PARALYMPICS/COMM GAMES

How is this different to what currently happens :rofl:

The US track and field selection is brutal. There is no discretion at all, just purely down to the top few from the trials.

It means Athing Mu, who I remember watching at the World Championships a couple of years back where she won Gold, won’t be heading to the Olympics in the 800m because she had a fall at the 200m mark.

One of the great names too.

2 Likes

ANNOUNCE … UMMM … YEAH … NAH

https://archive.md/UD16S

1 Like

ANNOUNCE MAKING THE OLYMPICS UNWATCHABLE

https://archive.md/oqES7

Whateley is just the Bruce McAvaney from Wish.

1 Like

Normally I lean towards sports remaining morally neutral, but given what the Olympics are meant to stand for I would be fully supportive of the IOC stepping in and telling this guy to GTFO.
edit
Did some further digging: Stating the obvious but guy clearly had some serious issues when it happened (who the ■■■■ goes to the effort of flying across countries to do that!?) and somewhat ironically his wife is a police officer who used to be a psychologist.

Jess Hull 3:50 in 1500m
5th fastest woman all time. Aus record, great form heading into olympics.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see these guys. Wow.

2 Likes

So what’s the difference between Ch9/9Now and Stan coverage?

Is 9Now going to have a stream of every live event or need to get Stan if want to watch Botswana vs. Mongolia womens wrestling?

I think 9 now has everything but stans has the ultra HD and much less ad’s

ANNOUNCE CHUNGUS DIVISION

2 Likes

Bit pricey, can’t get Stan Sport without the base package by the look of it … might need to find a free trial or just stick to 9Now

Jess Hull world record in 2km in Monaco.

3 Likes

Prancing and dancing - but no splashing - horses on the Avenue Foch, bringing the Olympic flame to Paris.
Crowd not overly excited with the equine choreography

You forgot the leaping.

Parisians salty about missing out on the TdF sprint finish on the Champs-Élysées this Sunday, hence lack of impressment with horse dancing.

3 Likes

Once again looking forward to watching the stuff that doesn’t feature alot of the main broadcast.

Hand Soccer
Water Soccer
CHUNGUS LIFTING
Table Tennis
Badminton
Rock Climbing

And so on

7 Likes

I’m hanging for the race of the century on night 1 in the pool. Titmus vs Ledecky vs McIntosh. It’s gonna be epic. I’m backing in the T¡t. She’s a born winner.

2 Likes

Oh Yeah

ANNOUNCE BREAK DANCING

2 Likes

Oh “Not Russia” has been expanded to “Not Russia or Belarus”

“Russian and Belarusian athletes will instead compete as “Individual Neutral Athletes” (AIN) without national identification”

1 Like

Highlight of the whole shebang. These perfect human specimens lifting astronomical weights aloft is mesmerising.

But I want to know if the KING CHUNGUS from Georgia is competing?!!!

1 Like