ANNOUNCE FEWER OLYMPICS/PARALYMPICS/COMM GAMES

4 Likes

Pretty unusual for a B sample to be different result … but anyway

7 Likes

Interesting.
makes you wonder why not privately let athlete know, but not make it public until B sample tested.

9 Likes

That’s brilliant news! Such a relief for him and for the Aussie sport loving public. Ridiculous he had to go through that and have his name tarnished. He deserves the presumption of innocence now and all the best to him :raised_hands:

1 Like
1 Like

I did not see that coming.

What a complete and utter shitshow.

1 Like

I mean WADA was involved, so how could it be anything else…

3 Likes

Seems like Bol went a bit early with the “I HAVE BEEN FOUND INNOCENT” thing

Positive test results are still decided by the interpretation of scientists - My understanding is that when there are such minute amounts of a substance, different labs wilii interpret the rules differently.

1 Like

“Sport Integrity Australia has said it is still investigating Australian Olympian Peter Bol despite his provisional suspension for doping being lifted.”

No, no, no, I’ve been through this movie before

8 Likes

Recombinant EPO is a synthetic substance and is not produced naturally by the human body.

His B-sample also showed up Recombinant EPO

To me he’s still got a lot of trouble ahead of him

This brings queries on the actual test IMO.

Hope he is ok, wouldn’t trust Wada / CAS to whack him just because nice to see we whack Australians too. not just Russians/Kenyans.

1 Like

WADA/CAS will desperately be trying to scapegoat someone so that they don’t cop the heat.

(Yes, I am very disillusioned and scarred, and don’t trust anything)

2 Likes

because asada and sia think they’re the fkn scooby doo gang instead of being a regulatory body

(context: for work i have recently been subjected to corresponding with these bodies about policy stuff. i think might be being punished for something)

-edit- (also for reference, asking if “ruthlessly meticulous documentation actually prevents anything or is just for ■■■-covering after the fact” is, apparently, not funny)

6 Likes

So much easier with non analytical cases.
I recall Howman at a WADA meeting licking his chops at having 34 for the high jump

This is a very difficult test which finds it hard to discriminate between synthetic EPO and natural EPO. And in any case doing an accurate quantitative EPO test is often masked by other factors.

ELISA Tests for EPO have been shown to be inaccurate and not reproducible, and there has been much conjecture about the validity in other athletes cases.

Reckon Bol will dodge this bullet.

1 Like

Think this is something we already knew. If only one of the lawyers for our players had spoken these words. Probably wouldn’t have changed the outcome, but geez it would have been nice.

“The anti-doping world is looking after their own interests,” the lawyer continued.

“They are supposed to look after the interests of athletes. I have done this stuff for almost 20 years. They don’t look after the interests of the athletes. They will circle the wagons and protect their own every time. That’s what they are doing here.

6 Likes

Didn’t Bol/his manager make a formal announcement that he had tested positive?

It was leaked because Bol was about to be announced as Young Australian of the Year - Bodies should not be relasing results of positive tests until the B sample has been tested.

1 Like
2 Likes