ANNOUNCE Western United are at the Hangar

yeah, give em some bullsht quote. enough to be our shorts sponsor. see what happens.

1 Like

Geelong was really excited to have its own team…to have that taken away during bidding process because of greed, replaced with a werribee based club then pushed to be “our local team” was such poor administration.

Zero point hosting game at GMHBA. Damage is done.

3 Likes

Not without removing the northern forest – and I’m not sure that is land leased by us.

1 Like

Send them to Windy Hill, they might have more luck with the bowls club than we did

10 Likes

There’s this ground outside Kardinia Park. That’s practically a soccer pitch, right?

I don’t follow A-League, but wtf is Western United even supposed to be? Completely idiotic concept for a team.

The spiel for their proposal was that would unite the Western suburbs and Western Victorian towns.
It was a crock of a idea and the gullible fools fell for it

3 Likes

Wouldn’t they just utilise the second ground for both?

Lucky this didn’t happen when J_Daniher was with us. His diving skills would have gone through the roof.

2 Likes

With Tom Hird captaining

It should have been a full Geelong bid complete with a 12-15k stadium in Geelong. Would have been amazing.

1 Like

F*ck off pissant club from a pissant sport.

Now now lets not do this Doe.

100% agree!

2 Likes

Change the name to The Hangout

They keep thinking they strike another WSW and keep getting it so so wrong.

The one also being used by the AFL and VFL and VFLW and soon AFLW clubs?

If it was daytime training only, and therefore only overtly clashing with the AFL team, maybe. Do these soccer players need real jobs as well, and therefore are likely to want night training?

Give them a couple portasheds. Good enough for Gold Coast Suns, good enough for them :innocent:

Like I said the change the name from The Hanger to The Hangout, all welcome

“AFL powerhouse Essendon”

TIGER ARMY WON’T LIKE THAT ONE BIT DARCE

(Apologies for ripping off @scotty21 )

1 Like