This is the 2018 edition for announced retirements and delistings. Please keep any discussions centered around the guys who are officially leaving, and not around who might leave, or who you think should leave.
This is meant to be a list of players who have officially left, are delisted, or re-signed. I’ll try and keep it updated so people know what has happened and our current state of play with list spots. As I know I don’t always keep track of every player’s thread on the main forum.
Confirmed available list spots
See all teams here: ‘All teams current draft picks’
ND picks: #8, #30, #62…
Rookie picks: #8, #26, #44
List management and drafting rules:
- All teams must use three picks in the national draft.
- A rookie player being promoted to the senior squad counts as a national draft pick.
- A player can only spend 3 straight years on the rookie list before they must be either promoted or delisted. None of our current rookies have reached this limit.
- Rookie players can be on individual contracts which include multiple years and payment higher than rookie rates. Standard rookies can be selected at any time. Therefore, Smack and Draper can stay on the rookie list but still receive higher compo.
- We are currently running a standard list of 40 senior players and 4 rookies.
- Jake Long is a senior listed player
- Ben McNiece is a standard (Cat A) rookie
- Lavender is a Cat B rookie, our only one.
- Because I have to say it everywhere - a team can trade out their 2019 first round pick as long as they will have used 2 first rounders across 2015 to 2018. Full stop. Even if it means they won’t be able to make the requirement in 2019 around 2 in 4 years of first rounders.
See the contracts thread at the top of the board to see who is at risk and uncontracted. It is here if you don’t have it pinned. If you don’t, you can pin it when you click on it. Players currently out of contract are:
Mark Baguley - 2018
Matt Dea - 2018
Michael Hartley - 2018 (unconfirmed)
Matthew Leuenberger - 2018
Jake Long - 2018