Announced Retirements and Delistings, List spots and Picks 2018 edition - The grass on the other side isn't Green

OP updated. We just need confirmation on whether or not McNiece was really moved to the Cat B list or not, and then we’re all done other than the drafting.

1 Like

Bit shattered for him. While the roles they play are extremely different, he has shown infinitely more than Long, especially at AFL level.

Thanks Matty.

2 Likes

The Richmond reject most of blitz were peeved to have on our list soon became a man of the people and loved.

Limited player but gave his all and did a great job for us in time we had him.

With Gleeson back and other mid sized defender kids now ready to impact his job is done.

13 Likes

Yeah club has said Cat B contract offer

2 Likes

We now have four senior list sports open. Dan Richardson said we will prob take 3 picks in the draft on SEN, which probably means we will pick up a DFA, I would say a ruckman, maybe Campbell.

1 Like

Is it four?

Delisted: BJ, Green, Merrett, Dea
Retired: Leuy
Traded: Colyer

IN: Shiel
Upgrades: McKernan?

Ah yes it’s 4.

2 Likes

Sad Dea.

2 Likes

Dea was a legend.

I know it’s very early days for the young lad but is there a chance that Draper will be added to the senior list now that Luey is gone?

Already on the senior list…

Since when? I thought he was a rookie.

My bad! I thought he was a PSD pick not a rookie list selection. Yeah now it makes more sense. I think he will be upgraded and we go in with 3 ND picks…

1 Like

I think so too. He looked great at the end of the VFL season.

Doubt he will be upgraded.

No need really now since rookies don’t need LTI’s to play regular season

And also half his salary can be included outside cap as a rookie.

1 Like

Speaking of delistings at other clubs, Jarryd Lyons from GC has been cut after just 2 seasons. Wow! Averaged 25 disposals in 19 games this year…

2 Likes

Only reason i mention it is because we seem short of senior players? They wont just pick some kid at the tail end of the draft and put him on the senior list to make up numbers. Wouldn’t Draper make more sense? I might be missing something.

1 Like

We may be looking at a DFA or a state league player and needed the extra space.

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous. Dea is far better than McNeice and Long. Just laughable.

9 Likes

Harsh Delisting. Considering Dea was considered best 22 for the majority of the season.

I would have gone with Dea ahead of McNeice.

Clearly we are looking for elite footskills and pace as a prerequisite.

1 Like

Is Jarryd Lyons a possibility? I’m stunned that he’s been de-listed. seems like a handy player.

2 Likes

Hopefully he gets picked up elsewhere