Announced Retirements and Delistings, List spots and Picks 2018 edition - The grass on the other side isn't Green

The Suns would finish last in the VFL next year!

3 Likes

i pronounce it Dea, not Dea.

3 Likes

Yeah, but youā€™re wrong.

Yea man

1 Like

He was one of the best for SUNS. CLearance Machine 3rd in AFL. 44th in AFL Player rankings. WTF

1 Like

Sounds like Lyons is going to Brisbane. Handy replacement for Beams to support Neale in the midfield.

From the outside his delisting looks to be a completely baffling decision by Gold Coast. Itā€™s almost like they donā€™t want to win a game ever again.

4 Likes

Bizarre bordering on dodgy.
You couldnā€™t get a #24 to #18 swap with him?

1 Like

Suns would have got plenty of good offers for him if teams knew he was on the way out

3 Likes

The Suns know itā€™s too late to tank for this yearā€™s draft, right?

1 Like

Yep AFLā€™s own club just gives up a really decent possession gatherer, who ends up going to Brisbane, another AFL project on the recovery train, for absolutely nothing, ā€¦ and is exactly what they need.

AFL have decided to put the GCS in full fk 'em all off and rebuild mode.

1 Like

It reminds me of the Cleveland Indians in the Movie Major League

1 Like

Brisbane should be formidable. Where did that come from ? And after all that ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  posturing the Puns delist what on paper looks like their best player and one of the best in the league

1 Like

Hold on! I got someone waiting on a deal for some whitewalls.

1 Like

Actually, it could mean we plan to take 5 rookies. Possibly both F/S prospects.

I donā€™t think this is true. I think the only bit that sits outside the cap is the regular rookie payments, which will then be covered by whoever replaces him on the rookie list. Anything above the rookie standard is picked up by the main salary cap (is my understanding).

If thatā€™s whatā€™s happenning, Iā€™m happy to put my hand up at a half-decent salary (AFL senior best 22 standards :wink: ). My agility and endurance will be right up there with the backstop in Major League! My knees may even be better!

Doesnā€™t appear to be specifying anything other than rookie list in regards to payments. So Iā€™m just taking that as Cat A or Cat B the same.

1 Like

And yet will still finish above Carlton.

2 Likes

Happy Deaz

Unfortunately not. Carltonā€™s hold on the wooden spoon has diminished.