Announced Retirements and Delistings, List spots and Picks 2018 edition - The grass on the other side isn't Green

That’s a low blow.

Beat me to the punch.

Would.

Updated.

Theoretically we don’t need to delist anyone else, we can just go to the draft and take two picks (plus McKernan upgraded already).

1 Like

Can’t imagine that will be the case though.

We love a late draft smoky.

Plus now that trade period over more delisted free agents may eventuate for those clubs were hoping to maybe get some value from.

so you think we’ll delist 1 or 2 more?

You know even if we only take 2 picks in the draft, 1 of them is going to be late in the draft

What do we have left?

2nd and then 4th round onwards?

Don’t we only have 2 picks to use?

Yep. We’ve delisted/traded/retired four players, brought in Dylan, and promoted McKernan. So currently only have picks #34 and #66 to use.

1 Like

2 spots

Of course we could delist 40 players and get the last 38 picks in the draft.

Seems likely.

Also it will be interesting going forward if we ever look to build the rookie list back up at the cost of senior list spots.

But I don’t think it’ll happen this year. I think we are happy with our list, and will just add the minimum number of players to it, which is the 2 senior list spots and the 1 rookie list spot, and possibly a couple of rookie B list players.

2 Likes

Sad end to J Toumpas’ journey. He was a big ticket junior who couldn’t make the transition. Draft position is no guarantee of success. Makes sourcing a D Sheil type at 26 a good idea. Will cost a bit but you know exactly what you’re going to get.

1 Like

Next year we have two second rounders, a third rounder and two fourth rounders.

Surely there’s a club who will need some academy points next year, so maybe we can trade our two future fourth rounders for an early third rounder this year.

2 Likes

Never saw anything in him…much as I never saw anything in Kav or James Davies.

Unlikely. If you estimated us to finish 4th and Freo to finish 12th next year the points for those 2 picks don’t even add up to enough to get a late 3rd rounder

2 Likes

Pfft. 4th.

1 Like

Updated for the news on Bags and Hartley.

Any news on Dea or Leuenberger? Dea is a fill in depth player. Appreciate the assistance he gave us circa saga period, but is a spot filler now unfortunately.
With Francis coming on and Marty back from injury I don’t see a role he will fill over Ambrose, Hartley, etc.

Unless there is a DFA that we want, I think he’ll be retained for 2019

2 Likes

Didn’t we win all but two of the games he played this year? Best 22 for mine until someone shows the defensive credentials to push him out.

1 Like