cultivating a fine mullet.

“Port has a type” example 75

2 Likes

Where a Club includes a Player on its Rookie List, it shall:
(i) in the case of an International Player, enter into a Contract of Service
for a minimum of 2 AFL Football Seasons; or
(ii) in the case any other Player, enter into a Contract of Service for a
minimum of 1 AFL Football Season.

Edit: that’s from http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/AFL%20Rules%20-%202015.pdf

He did say that but they showed footage of Ben howlett.

Ah my bad I didn’t see that.

Surely the club would have announced this if it had happened.

And yet we hang on their every word…

I’d suggest that ■■■■■■ reporting has been going on for the best part of 2 decades. No doubt the incompetence has stepped up over the past 5 years though.

Is he definitely promoted? I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere

As stated, the fact that he got 2 years he must be.

And in case anyone’s wondering, we drafted him as a regular rookie despite not being from a footy background.

1 Like

I thought based on the post from @SplitRound just up above he could be signed for more than 1 year on the rookie list. It does say minimum

I believe he could be, but also I don’t imagine that they’d bother doing that kind of announcement for keeping someone on the rookie list. Keeping a bloke on the rookie list would be more of a “In other news, Sam Draper has been retained on the rookie list for a further year.” at the bottom of the article announcing the Bird and Howlett delistings.

1 Like

ok. well that’s good then! Thanks,

SK said his son has signed for 2 years and he’s a Cat B Rookie so guessing it’s still entirely possible Draper remains a rookie. Would love to see him on the senior list though.

Sharrod Wellingham delisted. Another case of an ordinary player coated in premiership glitter getting overs. Collingwood got Grundy with pick 17. Horrible trading by Wc.

4 Likes

Lavender’s dad has said he’s been signed for 2 years.

I should probably add Cat B “spots” in the OP.

No. Draper was a regular rookie, the first selection in the 2016 rookie draft. They can only be given 1 year contracts (Cat B rookies can be given multi-year to “lure” them to AFL, and give them some certainty on making the switch). So given he’s been signed for two years, he must have been promoted.

2 Likes

That was my understanding too, but the only specifics I could find was the thing I quoted above which says a minimum of 1 year, not only 1 year.

Although the draft nomination documentation implies that it’s a single year, with the 2nd and 3rd years at mutual agreement.

I had to chuckle reading the end of this article about McKenna:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendons-conor-mckenna-pulls-out-of-international-rules-series-after-training-injury/news-story/7557277bc3feb35ab483893665f6ce8d

1 Like

Would you take Ben Lennon?

1 Like

Port delisted Brett Eddy, Matt White and Jessie Palmer so have about 8 or 9 spots to fill. Will probably take a couple of DFA’s. McKenzie will end up there and they are pretty keen on Lennon and Thomas. Some interest in Jerrett and Mullet but not as much as the others I believe

1 Like