Announced Retirements and Delistings & List spots

He’s played 2 AFL games and done 2 acls. It’s a resounding no from me.

Consistent though.

17 Likes

I was surprised to see him get the chop. I think bews has taken his spot.

Could be a bags replacement longer term and back up in the short term. That said, geelong don’t let too many go that prove them wrong

1 Like

Just looking at the list of DFAs given we have another list spot - the only two I’d consider are Trent Mckenzie and Ben Lennon.

Mckenzie I believe has had some ‘issues’ which would need to be checked out but his kicking particularly the ability to penetrate zones may be quite valuable.

Ben Lennon was in the 2013 draft class which we banned from the early rounds - thankfully Adrian worked his magic with Zach and Orazio. I think Lennon actually approached us last year about whether we would have any interest. He was a talented junior and for whatever reason it hasn’t translated - I guess is he a better bet than a pick in the 80s? Has played predominantly forward but could he be developed into a taller mid - similar dimensions to Langford and laverde to the naked eye.

Mullet was potentially another but not required with saad.

I have no idea whether we will take a DFA but I’d be surprised if we take a heap of late picks in this draft.

2 Likes

I was thinking Baggs replacement. If Baggs was injured long term, who replaced him?

The other one I forgot to mention was tom lamb - slipped in his draft year but had some decent games in the wafl for east Perth.

1 Like

My guess is EFC will run with a list of 38 and 6 - Aim for 2 selections in the ND, upgrade one or two players to the Primary list and then choose 3 or 4 rookies.

We’d have to delist at least one more from the primary list to do that.

Yep Lennon is one I liked pre draft too. Elite kick.

1 Like

Must be western Australian

Tom Lamb would be a massive call by the club.
I’d seriously have him least likely.
Mullett reminds me of Howlett (please don’t bring me to account on this, I have nothing to back it up, and I know he’s played more back of the centre than Howlett did).

By my reckoning we currently (sans Morgan) have 36 players on the main list and 3 players on the Rookie list (Long, Draper and McKernan).

That’s correct. We have to add at least 3 to the main list via the draft or rookie promotions. So to end up with 38 we’d need to delist one more from the main list

Can’t we go 39 and 5?
Or do we have to have someone who qualifies under the old veterans list rules?

morgan picked up by norf

Updated the OP which has the summary of our current position (including list spots) for Morgan’s loss (and I do think its a loss).

Currently we have 3 senior list spots, of which 2 must be used on either draftees or rookie elevations. The other 1 can be used on a DFA/draftee/rookie promotion or to take an extra rookie.

1 Like

Personally I still think it’s a false assumption that Draper is upgraded.

1 Like

I assume it will become public knowledge with final list lodgement.

As of 2018, Category A Rookies will now be eligible to play in the senior side without needing to be upgraded on to the senior list.

I doubt Draper has been upgraded. No need.

Long has however been.

So to run 38/6/5 - By my reckoning we have 7 players off the primary list and 3 in which leaves 4 spots - Could be 2 selections in the ND and 2 rookie upgrades or get a DFA - I suppose there are a few different permutations which could be followed.