Announced Retirements and Delistings & List spots

@Ants will no doubt update the original post… but by my count on a 40 / 4 list split we currently have

2x senior list spots
3x rookie list spots

I still do not know what is happening with Green. And I remain slightly unsure as to whether Draper was definitely upgraded.

We must fill at least one of those senior list spots via the draft. The other can be turned into an additional rookie list spot if we so choose.

But we have to take 3 at the draft (including rookie upgrades).

So we’re running at least 39/5 (assume either 48/Long/Draper or 48/64/Long)

Or 40/4 - 48/64/Long/Draper, 48/64/80/Long

Same here. With Long it was specifically mentioned that he has been upgraded.

Perhaps @Catherine_Lio can confirm for us please if Draper has been upgraded or not?

Aren’t all rookie listed players on one year contracts? Therefore if he has signed for two years he must be upgraded.

Hmm, yes I should change that while it is uncertain.

edit: made it clear it’s uncertain. With the announcement today on Jerrett, Long and McKernan I think our only uncontracted player is Green.

Long was promoted to the senior list.

1 Like

Pretty sure he’s still on the rookie list Nick.

4 Likes

Thanks Katie

Updated for Catherine’s info, and that Long is now on the senior list.

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but as I’m seeing it we have had 7 off senior list, and only 4 come onto it inc. Long upgrade.

So would have 3 selections at draft available.

Edit. You actually have that noted. Just don’t have the 3rd pick number there.

Could Draper actually be held in limbo between the rookie and senior lists, until draft night?

So that we can see what is available at pick 85, and decide whether to use it, or just pass and upgrade Draper?

Hi @Ants, is Baguley confirmed for 2018 yet? Which would make him and Green the only players from 2017 with unconfirmed futures.

I think your Note in your OP should say we have up to 3 senior list spots available with SSS and Long taking 4 of the 7 vacated list spots. So with Long promoted we need 3 (not 2 more) unless we use them for extra rookie spots.

Also given we now have 2 confirmed category B rookies (McNeice and Lavender) and could still recruit 1 more, perhaps we should be counting this as a vacant list spot. Could be a zoned player or an Irish player we could still maybe pick up.

Baguley met his trigger clause but there was no official fanfare.

There was a sentence or two at the bottom of an article on the AfL site saying he was going around again.

4 Likes

Baggs really does not get enough love. He is a champ on all levels.

14 Likes

I’m his biggest fan.

The guy is a no nonsense player that puts his head over it every time.

He makes the odd mistake but not nearly as many make out.

3 Likes

Killer_Mike, you’re about 30 players’ biggest fan. I think you should let someone else have a go! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha, what can I say I love em.

I’m also very bullish about our prospects so I’m enjoying the ride :smile: