Another legend dies. What a dreadful week. Jim Keays

Vale Jim Keyes. Frontman of the Masters Apprentices has passed away today after battling illness. A legend of Aussie rock. RIP.

I loved that band when I was growing up....another Aussie great heads to the take part in the great gig in the sky.

I saw you sing on Marngrook Footy show last year, with your Bombers scarf on. 

I'll be Turning up the Radio this weekend.

RIP Jim Keays.

Loved the Masters; sad time 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxCneDlLANM&feature=share&list=RDNxCneDlLANM

For you Miss Ellie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apX_ikzc5CE&list=RDNxCneDlLANM&feature=share

And my favorite, Living in a Child's Dream  !!!

http://youtu.be/To5jBkaigYQ

Another week passes by...and another great in Australian rock has joined the concert in the sky.

Jim Keays has passed away this afternoon, aged 67, after getting pneumonia with his body having being ravaged by cancer.

RIP.

Has played here in Albury three times and the last time in March and had a blast. Said he was feeling great and talked about his future.

He was a great bloke and loved entertaining the punters.

Jimmy RIP.

Stevie Wright must be feeling nervous.

Remember having a gasbag with Jim when he was dj'ing at Richies in the 80's. Seemed genuinely surprised that a callow 19 year old was aware of his musical background and influence. A man. who seemed to encapture true humility as he seemed almost naive with his place in the Australian musical parthenon. A sad passing

Remember seeing them play at the myer music bowl in late 60’s early 70’s. Fantastic memories of a great Australian band. There was such a lot of good music around then. So many good venues to go to in and around the city. Few years later it was off to Sunbury, then Mulwala. Life was good.

l first saw them at our high school social, IIRC that was 1967. l was almost delirious with the flu, but there was no way l was going to miss seeing them, l also won a Kinks album in a raffle (l knew l would, l had my lucky number 176). They were just a little too wild for the school, in the wash up, but l didn't care, they were mint. The next time l saw them was a few years later at Bertie's nightclub on the corner of Flinders and Spring St. They had just returned from England, after they had won the Battle of The Bands. That gig was memorable for the new harder, rock sound featured in Future Of Our Nation. Jim Keays was a rock star, like Michael Hutchence was, a generation later.

Jim Keays was the real deal. 

Remember having a gasbag with Jim when he was dj'ing at Richies in the 80's. Seemed genuinely surprised that a callow 19 year old was aware of his musical background and influence. A man. who seemed to encapture true humility as he seemed almost naive with his place in the Australian musical parthenon. A sad passing

Ah ! Bringing back the memories of the 80's and 90's. Remember Jim djing a number of times at Richies and saw him play with his band at the Croxton Park in the 1980's. Lots of raucous nights at the Crox.