Another non-rival crushed - review those Norf losers

Walla got 2 goal of the year nominations in that game (and how many in his career?) but they think it was a fluke?

F#cking weirdos. It’s like they’ve somehow convinced themselves that they actually won the game.

2 Likes

That BigFooty posting was strange, because players do kick goals from all sorts of angles and situations. As @choppsuey says, check out Betts’ reel.

And as wonderful as it was, Walla’s goal wasn’t the most stupidly ridiculous falling backwards and kicking it off the ground with ten opponents around him type of goal, where you go “yeah he fluked that”.

He was well balanced, had a look to see the goals, and was a few good steps in from the boundary. It was a wonderful kick given the pressure from two opponents, being so late in the qtr and it won us the game. That took it from a fantastic goal to a legendary goal.

10 Likes

He even said after the game that he practices those kicks all the time and he knew it would go through before he kicked it.

9 Likes

Anything to ease the pain I suppose. The more pragmatic supporters among them would probably acknowledge that they were outplayed for most of the night and came very close to pinching a win that they probably didn’t deserve.

9 Likes

Had one of those Wim, understand perfectly what you are saying

That poster in particular who uploaded all the screenshots, and suggests that Tippa should have handballed the ball to either of 2 players further out when there is only a matter of seconds left, and we only need 1 behind to level the scores, is an utter fucktard of the highest order.

Yes, I did myself the disservice of reading most of that thread.
Serves me right !

1 Like

He kicked a very similar goal v Melbourne in round 3 iirc.

2 Likes

Yep, probably a trickier one because he had to dance a little to shake the Melbourne players. The north one was a walk in the park.

correct indeed, and he won it that round

2 Likes

I recently watched the replay and for one of his goals (I think in the last 1/4) it took Brown exactly 40 seconds from the time he marked to when he actually kicked for goal.

Clever. Burn 30 seconds walking away from goals. Burn 10 seconds slowly jogging back. That extra time lowers the heart rate and gives you a higher chance of kicking well, especially when fatigued.

I was lucky to have a perfect view sitting up in the stands around the HFF area with Tippa’s back to me. I swear as soon as it left his boot it all looked like it went into slow motion knowing it was not going to miss as the ball was in a straight trajectory towards the dead set center of the two goal posts. I jumped out of my seat before the ball went through and when it finally did the stadium erupted and I was high-fiving every Bomber supporter within reach. Truly unbelievable moment and to think I nearly missed out on tickets thanks to the games Ticketmaster play with the sale of tickets.

10 Likes

The next time he plays he’ll have both shoulders strapped. He’s gonna look like he’s playing in a straight jacket.

Mark Johnson played most of his career with both shoulders strapped. That may actually have been a straight jacket though.

4 Likes

Jeez the similarities, so much for the North supporters saying it was arsey.

Pfft.

1 Like

Mate, they are all fucktards of the highest order over there, then you add in the fact that they are north supporters…recipe for farking Lols.

Muppets.

2 Likes

Keeping those 14 inch pythons in check

The Crows board is really good.
Respectful football discussion.
No hate filled bile directed at our players.
No mention of the drugs saga.
No referring to our team as *
I’m shocked by how fair they are, and realistic.

The contrast from the North board is incredibly stark.
I hope that football club fkn folds !

7 Likes

In this game the following were missing: Daniher, Smith, Heppell, TBC and Ambrose. In this game Hurley went down and Hooker was in spasm. All of those as well as: Stringer, Fantasia, Smack, Redman, Gleeson and Brown have a missed significant number of games this season.

That’s arguably 13 out of our best 22. And we still have decent players who haven’t played yet, Draper, Zerk, Snelling, Harts, Mozzie and Stewart.

So no reference to peasants, tin-rattlers, wanting clubs to die?

2 Likes