Another one bites the (retirement) dust

Beat ruckman since Simon Madden.

■■■■■!!!!

Best ruckman ever in the AFL (1990-)

Changed the way the position is played and raised expectations of all who have followed.

Changed the way the position is played and raised expectations of all who have followed.

And yet already overshadowed by NICNAT!!!!!!!
Gerard Healy would have us believe.

That mid 2000's starting line-up of Cox, Cousins, Judd and Kerr was outrageous.

Although I must admit I’ve always wondered why he’s allowed to walk across the centre line, and not only not get penalised, but get the free.

Dean Cox retirement confirmed.

Laters you diving cheat!!!!

And yet already overshadowed by NICNAT!!!!!!!
Gerard Healy would have us believe.

NicNat is quite possibly the most overrated player of all time

Should have had his own thread.

I would have titled it:

WEST COAST EAGLES' COX DROPS OFF

If we're going for bad puns I would've gone with: WEST COAST EAGLES LOSE COX

I would have gone: West Coast are a Coxless bunch

No more flopping for Cox

West coast: its time to get our cox out

COX

WEST COAST RUCKMAN RETIRES.

Every time some retires now, all I wonder is have they been “retired” not fair I know, but the AFL put it out there!

doodle

Although I must admit I've always wondered why he's allowed to walk across the centre line, and not only not get penalised, but get the free.

yeah, the umpires did love him.  i reckon they'll give him a guard of honour in his final game

FWIW, Beau Maister has retired.

Beat ruckman since Simon Madden.

Hmm. Arguable.

I can't see how anyone who's seen them play each other would pick him to beat Sandi (if he had even one leg in working condition) - and before Sandi came along, Cox wasn't ever West Coast's first ruckman ( got his chance in 2004 when then-AA Michael Gardiner's knees fell apart)

Definitely added more to the midfield (after the ruck contest) than probably anyone I've ever seen, and possibly ever will, but I don't think he was ever the best ruckman in the league per se.

Pedantic? perhaps. Just thinking about it from a "best ever" POV, there is one bloke who no-one else is going to beat at his actual position, and it's not him.

Regardless, glad he's made the call, he was definitely on the way this year.

They look OK in that department with NICNAT, Lycett developing & Sinclair as backup.