Anticipatory Chat - Bombers v Budgies - Thursday 21st June at Optus Stadium

A Saint’s fan who lives in Perth and works for Channel 7 and is the second most biased Pro WA footy journo on the planet, 1st being Jakovich.

3 Likes

Oh sweet christ on a bike no… Eagles home ground umpiring and Shaun McKernan in the ruck don’t make for a good combination…

5 Likes

Tim gossage is the biggest fkhead on the planet

1 Like

Hard. no lube.

1 Like

hows about setting brown a defensive forward role on mcgovern

Then STRING, smack/belly, lav/lang PROFIT

Ideally want your main kpf being a scoring & marking threat. Not sure you’d ever see a kpf playing a negating role, opposition would love that.

Look at all that YOUTH. Wonder where David Myers is? Probably doing the safety demonstration.

6 Likes

I’m not super worried about McGovern to be honest… I’m worried about everything that happens before there’s even a hint of us getting the ball forward…

5 Likes

They certainly peppered their own fwd line versus Swans but couldn’t score enough.

We haven’t coped well when pinned in our back half that’s for sure

1 Like

SMack got his bad reputation in 2015 as a full time ruckman averaging 3 frees against.
That was bad, but if you want bad, in that debacle against Gawn 2018 , Berger 1 for, 5 against, ( only a sample of 1 game) Now SMack is averaging 1.4 for, 3 against but not rucking all the time, while Belly is certainly best: gets loads of taps to advantage and averages 1.3 for, 1.4 against.

That’s where your stringer/smack/belly/lav/stewart come into it

One wonders if Francis is on the plane.

2 Likes

McGovern will take 33 intercept marks

That’s a crazy exaggeration.

I’ll go with 28

2 Likes

I can confirm I’ve hunted social media for any form of evidence of this. Donuts.

I’ll be surprised if we have 33 I50’s…

3 Likes

Just a quick one:

B Mason Redman, Cale Hooker, Adam Saad
HB Brendon Goddard, Michael Hurley, Conor McKenna
C Orazio Fantasia, Dyson Heppell, Andrew McGrath
HF Devon Smith, Shaun McKernan, Mitch Brown
F Mark Baguley, Jake Stringer, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
FOL Tom Bellchambers, Zach Merret, Kyle Langford
I/C Josh Green, Dylan Clarke, Matt Guelfi, Matt Dea

travelling emg from lav/stew/myersey/LONG

Then he will just take all the intercept marks in their zone while they are running a half ground press.

3 Likes

Just looking at that team makes me realise that there’s only one player (Walla) from last years forward line:

No JD, Hooker, Green, Stewart, Raz (has moved upfield), Begley… even Parish.

No wonder we don’t seem to be as effective up front as we were last year

edit: Green is there, on bench.