Anticipatory Chat - Bombers v Budgies - Thursday 21st June at Optus Stadium

With Daniher Out and Stewart in the VFL does that mean that Stringer is our go to forward now?

No doubt it will be picked today. But it won’t be announced.
Thursday games normally have the squads announced on Wednesday.

When it’s a Friday or Saturday game, main training is Wednesday and they normally pick the team then. But obviously not announced til Thursday

If both Kennedy and darling miss it might just open this up for us a bit. Of course we are going to need a big effort from tbell against NIC Nat tough iirc his record is pretty good against him.

If Smith doesn’t get up it will really hurt us. Is hepp going to be available.

They’re running not really playing a big bodied stopagge slugger at the moment so I’m concerned or midfield will be a bit top heavy with hepp Myers and Lang going through there. Of course there is no way they’re going to omit Myers.

Assuming Smith is out of bring Clarke back in for his pressure

Redman hurls dea
Conor Hooker Saad

McGrath hepp Fanta
Tbell Zerret stringer

Tippa Brown Clarke
Green smack langford

Myers bj guelfi bags

If also strongly consider doing brown in favour of pushing hooker forward and bringing in Francis. Though that decision probably rests on whether Kennedy gets up. I expect they’ll name him.

Did Smith and Heppell get on the plane to Perth? I guess they’re leaving today?

Oh don’t say that. I just farking went the trauma on him.

If Kennedy and Darling both miss - I think to gain an advantage we need to swap Stewart for Brown.

1 Like

Don’t do it to yourself mate.

I can see us only winning 3 more games for the year and this isn’t one of them.

Free%20kick%20Eagles

4 Likes

If no Kennedy or Darling watch someone like Lycett or LeCras towel us up! I really don’t think this game is about result, it’s about mindset IMO & we have been on holidays for the greater majority of our trips to Perth. Quite a few players went over either Sunday or yesterday. Haven’t got instagram but certainly hoping not many pics of players on wine tours etc like early this season :wink:

1 Like

Redman ate too much venison or is that a friendly way to tell me he can’t hold his liquor?

3 Likes

I want the old Fairybread back.
The one who believed that dreams are possible.

1 Like

Like a sad, stale, neglected piece of party food after all the kids have gone home.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, lid on. My firm intention is to flick across to the Socceroos for the last quarter in the assumption that we are going to get belted.

3 Likes

So we could see the situation where the team is not yet announced, but the squad gets on a plane 8 hours earlier.

No doubt.

Is a dream a lie if it don’t come true or is it something worse

2 Likes

It depends on whether we have decided to get games into our talented youngsters and are looking at securing good draft picks doesn’t it? If we are rebuilding, we are NOT tanking that’s AFL mindspeak.

Says it all doesn’t it? We all know the AFL stats never lie.

Looking at tickets now… why am I going to do this to myself.

because imagine if we win

4 Likes